Super Contributor

Re: Boston Bomber found guilty on all counts!!!

On 4/8/2015 CharleyHorse said: RCG, I am sorry to go off topic, just wanted to let you know Lily's DH got his transplant and seems to be doing better. Sorry to go off topic. CH

Oh thanks, CH. I'll have to go to her site for updates I guess. Good to hear he is doing well. She is one talented lady. I hope she will be able to return to her music career.

Super Contributor

On 4/8/2015 SydneyH said:
On 4/8/2015 RainCityGirl said:

I thought he was involved with a militia.

He was, however according to the FBI in a book I read recently, there were several foreign people residing there that have never been identified.

Possibly. I'd guess it might be the Neo N a zi movement and nothing to do with the Mid East.

Contributor

Guilty on all counts. Wow. Who saw that coming?
Valued Contributor

I vote for LWOP ONLY because I don't want that little snot to be able to consider himself a ""martyr"". Let him sit in Gen Pop for 60 years staring down into obscurity while his living vicitims go on with their lives and we honor the dead.

Honored Contributor

On 4/9/2015 RainCityGirl said:

Possibly. I'd guess it might be the Neo N a zi movement and nothing to do with the Mid East.

There were several German men and two men of Arab descent, nationality unclear.....

Esteemed Contributor

On 4/9/2015 RainCityGirl said:
On 4/8/2015 SydneyH said:
On 4/8/2015 RainCityGirl said:

I thought he was involved with a militia.

He was, however according to the FBI in a book I read recently, there were several foreign people residing there that have never been identified.

I looked that claim up and the only sites given were conspiracy driven.

Respected Contributor

I don't believe in the death penalty, not because of any sympathy for the perpetrators, (although there are cases of the innocent being convicted), but because we are better than that. None of our allies or peer countries have the death penalty. Countries like Iran, China, North Korea, etc do. I don't believe we want to be like them. We are better than that. I think life imprisonment in a maximum security prison without parole is the harsher sentence, anyway.
If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Super Contributor

On 4/10/2015 Marienkaefer2 said: I don't believe in the death penalty, not because of any sympathy for the perpetrators, (although there are cases of the innocent being convicted), but because we are better than that. None of our allies or peer countries have the death penalty. Countries like Iran, China, North Korea, etc do. I don't believe we want to be like them. We are better than that. I think life imprisonment in a maximum security prison without parole is the harsher sentence, anyway.

Will he be allowed visitors?

Respected Contributor

Gee what happened to your thread Holly?

Super Contributor

As a person who puts personal freedom at the top of the best things about living in the US (or anywhere else) I consider being put away for life in a maximum security prison to be about as harsh a sentence as a person could have.

Solitary would be the WORST. But I consider that to be extreme cruelty.

I believe we are better than that.