Esteemed Contributor

Has anyone seen this series? If so, I have a few questions. Otherwise, I am speechless.....{#emotions_dlg.ohmy}

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Born in the Wild........

I just shake my head.

What if the baby is breach?

What if the baby gets stuck?

Yes, I know that women have been giving birth since time began, without doctors, but all it takes for one little thing to go wrong, and mom and/or baby could die.

To me, it is just not worth the risk.

Respected Contributor

I saw the first one and was horrified at these people who would put mother and baby's lives at risk, so they can be on TV. Looney if you ask me.

mm

"Cats are like potato chips, you can never have just one".
Esteemed Contributor

I can understand "getting back to nature", but why take the chance of putting the life/lives of mother and/or child at risk to do so?

Super Contributor

I saw the commercial....that was enough. Won't be watching that show.

Esteemed Contributor

I didn't see it but I heard about it. I thought to myself if I would have done that my children would have died.

My son was a traumatic birth and had seizures when he was born and was rushed to a childrens hospital in another town in ICU. (Hes an adult now but he is epileptic but seizures are under control the past 5 yrs knock on wood!). AND with my daughter I had emergency C section, cord was rapped around her neck.

So hadnt I been in a hospital both of my children wouldn't have made it!

So to me these people are wacko taking a chance like that!

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Esteemed Contributor

On 3/21/2015 Plaid Pants said:

I just shake my head.

What if the baby is breach?

What if the baby gets stuck?

Yes, I know that women have been giving birth since time began, without doctors, but all it takes for one little thing to go wrong, and mom and/or baby could die.

To me, it is just not worth the risk.

All true - and babies have been dying at birth without medical intervention since time began also.

I think these women are plain crazy. The one who just had the 9th is planning on having the next one on the "beach"..... I thought her husband had a crazed look on his face all through the show. Planning the birth of the next one while giving birth, is insane IMO.

Back to nature???? Oh, and this same family says they love the outdoors, camping, hunting, fishing, etc., yet they didn't know the temperature dips below 30 and there are animals howling in the night and don't know what species these animals are??? Outdoors???? Sure they do....

Wouldn't you think they would have done a practice run before they go into labor??? The midwife didn't even know whether to turn left or right, LOL. They couldn't even get the tents up without the wind blowing them down. It looked so fake to me. Oh, and can you even make a phone call when you are 150 miles from home, out in the woods???

Esteemed Contributor

These are the same people who want to "get off the grid", build a log cabin in the woods, live off the land.

That's all fine and dandy, until an emergency arises, and you are 150 miles from the nearest hospital.

Super Contributor

Enough of these reality shows already!!

A house is not a home without a cat!
Esteemed Contributor

I must say my most favorite is The Little Couple and their adorable children. I love this show because they are so "real" to me. I don't think anything is phony. Of course, their trips to the beach and other places are done for "us" because they aren't doing these things every day. But, you can tell by the way the kids behave, that they are giving them all the love and attention they deserve. Kids that age can't put on an act for the cameras. They are the real deal. JMO of course.{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}