Respected Contributor

Boris Johnson Out of ICU

[ Edited ]

i updated my earlier posting but thought i would post the good news separately.

Prime Minister Boris Johnson has been moved out of intensive care and back into a general ward at St Thomas' Hospital where he will "receive close monitoring" during his early recovery - Downing Street spokesman

He is apparently in good spirits!

Trusted Contributor

Re: Boris Johnson Out of ICU

I am so grateful to hear this.

I know many people have been praying for him and everyone else!

HeartHeartHeart

Frequent Contributor

I am curious to know what his treatment was.  Although I know people DO receive miraculous healings, not many would recover after being sick enough to go to ICU and only have oxygen as a treatment then be transferred out of ICU so quickly. I am very happy for him and his family and hope and pray the healing continues.

Honored Contributor

@esther22I have no idea what treatment has been used for a friend of mine, because she hasn't been well enough for phone chatting and even family is on overwhelm.  But I can tell you the reports my friend group receives tell us she is out of intensive care and onto oxygen.  Some day I hope to know more, but because she's the "perfect" target for Covid by age and several serious pre-existing conditions, I'm thrilled for her even though I suspect there's much we're not being told.  The struggle goes on even when ICU isn't involved.

On the positive side, I believe the the entire medical community and various scientists are going to find more than one way to fight this disease, and that comforts me because even for conditions far less scary, different protocols work for different patients.  Here and there, miracles seem to happen, but most of the time, those miracles are the work of very human efforts.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't think any of us have a clue as to what happens to different patients. Some who are very ill surely recover, and vice versa.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

@millieshops  no details on his ongoing treatment have come out, to my knowledge. of course everyone is different. he is a pretty fit specimen with his cycling etc.  

Respected Contributor

Glad to hear this.  I suspect they probably had to place him on high flow oxygen therapy.  I don't know why else they would release information that he is on oxygen.  Well yes, almost every patient with coronavirus that is hospitalized would probably be on at least regular oxygen.  So I suspect they had to move him up to high flow oxygen therapy.

Whatever the case, glad to hear he is doing well enough to be moved out of the ICU.  

* Freedom has a taste the protected will never know *