Honored Contributor

Bones - season opener SPOILER

Sweets -- OMG -- I loved sweets. And Daisy is pregnant. Wow, I was broken hearted. I did like the new FBI sidekick for Booth though.

Honored Contributor

Re: Bones - season opener SPOILER

I knew the minute that new FBI guy showed up that it was over for Sweets

Sweets was such a great character.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Trusted Contributor

I am so very disappointed with their decision to kill off one of their best characters.

Super Contributor

I couldn't believe they killed sweets. you knew someone was going to be killed off they way they pushed the new FBI agent.

Trusted Contributor

On 9/26/2014 12andcounting said:

I am so very disappointed with their decision to kill off one of their best characters.{#emotions_dlg.sad}

John Frances Daley, the actor who played Sweets, asked to leave the series so that he could pursue other opportunities more in line with what he wants to do. (write & direct) It was still a shock though when his character was killed off.

Respected Contributor

It broke my heart. When it first happened I thought they were going to do like they did with Booth hears ago and he wasn't really gone. When they opened the body bag though I started bawling all over again.

Sad thing is, the past few years I've like Sweets, Hodgins and Angela so much more than Booth and Bones. They'd better not lose Hodgins and Angela now or I'm done!

Honored Contributor

On 9/26/2014 sgraham30 said:
On 9/26/2014 12andcounting said:

I am so very disappointed with their decision to kill off one of their best characters.{#emotions_dlg.sad}

John Frances Daley, the actor who played Sweets, asked to leave the series so that he could pursue other opportunities more in line with what he wants to do. (write & direct) It was still a shock though when his character was killed off.

Thanks! I'm glad it was his choice to leave, and he wasn't forced off or killed just for dramatic effect.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Valued Contributor

Sweets was my favorite character. I was yelling at the television that I am not watching anymore! I still really like Booth, Hodgins and Angela but it won't be the same without Sweets.
Honored Contributor

One of the saddest episodes I've ever watched. I'm surprised the news of his departure didn't leak out.

Super Contributor

I missed the show. What was I thinking. Wonder when it will play again?