Trusted Contributor

Bon Ton closing sale......what a joke!!!

I live in a very rural area.  Bon Ton has been the anchor store in the only mall within 2 hours from me.  I was so very disappointed to hear of their closing, and I am even more disappointed with their "store closing sale"!  

I don't shop online, but I am being forced into it.  So very sad!!!

Honored Contributor

Re: Bon Ton closing sale......what a joke!!!

BON TON has been going down hill for years, I have not seen that store crowded forever. I always wondered how they stayed open. The sale prices no doubt reflect why they are closing in the first place.

Honored Contributor

There is a BonTon near me.  The stores were recently bought out by a Toronto company who  planned to close it down because they only want the BonTon warehouses.

The going out of business prices are not so great.  The new company doesn't really care, they just want the warehouses and are not at all concerned about the store or it's business.

Esteemed Contributor

We have one nearby.  We were there before the closing was announced.  DD and I went after the closing sale was announced.  Merchandise had be repriced to higher amounts then 10-20% off.  Ridiculous!

Honored Contributor

They marked everything up for the going out of business sale.  I predict it will take years before they actually close.  I will miss the store.

Valued Contributor

Yes...very disappointing.  The "Liquidation" prices are insulting, most at 30 percent.   Shipping on one washcloth is $10.95 .... what?   I was able to get better pricing with coupons.  My gift-giving will be almost nil as there are no B&M Dept. Stores in my area.   

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am sad to see it close also,  but once Pomeroys closed things were never the same.   The Bon Ton just wasn't as good    

Esteemed Contributor

In our area BT bought our Hess's Dept Stores.  Hess's was one of a kind.  BT is the only dept store nearby.  Our little mall already has 7 vacant stores.  The mall will probably shut down.

Honored Contributor

Bon Ton stores are not in my area....but they have been in the "going out of business" business for years now...
Trusted Contributor

It is all up to the liquidators, now. They are in charge of the sale and prices. 

It was Carson’s and Boston Store in our area. They were in convenient locations for me and I bought almost everything there. I knew how to work the sales and coupons. Now, I will no doubt buy more clothing from qvc.