Respected Contributor

Re: Bomb Threat at Murdaugh Murder Trial Clears Courthouse

If the judge rules a mistrial, the DA would definitely prosecute him again. No way are they letting him off that easy.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

The trial resumed with more testimony after the bomb threat.

“The fear of becoming old is born of the recognition that one is not living now the life that one wishes. It is equivalent to a sense of abusing the present.” Susan Sontag
Esteemed Contributor

It isn't a 3 ring circus. The police and prosecution have to worked very hard to get justice for the victims . Monday morning quarter backs could not do the job any better. Now the media SOME of them are not interested in justice but ratings but that always happens.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Esteemed Contributor

I haven’t been following this closely but the first day of the trial, the defense attorney raised questions which could cause reasonable doubt. By all accounts, despite his unscrupulous behavior & dishonesty, he was well liked.

I don’t know if he’s guilty or not but wouldn’t be surprised by a not guilty verdict at this point. Of course, there are many witnesses to be called & I think the most damaging will be the surviving son.
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Stray wrote:
I haven’t been following this closely but the first day of the trial, the defense attorney raised questions which could cause reasonable doubt. By all accounts, despite his unscrupulous behavior & dishonesty, he was well liked.

I don’t know if he’s guilty or not but wouldn’t be surprised by a not guilty verdict at this point. Of course, there are many witnesses to be called & I think the most damaging will be the surviving son.

Buster Murdaugh is on the defense witness list. Should they decide to actually call him to testify, it should be interesting testimony.

“The fear of becoming old is born of the recognition that one is not living now the life that one wishes. It is equivalent to a sense of abusing the present.” Susan Sontag
Esteemed Contributor

I am ALWAYS skeptical of bomb threats during any case; though high profile cases are of particular interest to me, and see this as nothing more than an attempt to delay the proceedings. Of course the trial will continue, and hopefully a guilty verdict verdict will be forthcoming. The victims, and their families deserve NOTHING LESS!😐

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Esteemed Contributor

Just wondering where everyone is watching this "cameras in the courtroom" trial!  I heard about the bomb threat on the news, and see short clips of the actual courtroom, but where are you watching this trial live?

hckynut 🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

@hckynutjohn wrote:

Just wondering where everyone is watching this "cameras in the courtroom" trial!  I heard about the bomb threat on the news, and see short clips of the actual courtroom, but where are you watching this trial live?

hckynut 🇺🇸

The trial is being broadcast live on the Law & Crime channel (and website, and YouTube) and on the CourtTV channel and website.

Honored Contributor

So far, I'm not seeing any direct material evidence.

I'm also thinking that he's headed to get quite a few years of jail time because of his very bad financial endeavors. 

But, we'll see what happens. 

It all depends on the jury and what they are thinking and how they are viewing the past, present, and upcoming evidence. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Valued Contributor

@Trailrun23 wrote:

He is an attorney; he should know better.

He's also a narcissistic psychopath.