Trusted Contributor

Re: Bomb Threat at Murdaugh Murder Trial Clears Courthouse

[ Edited ]

@ROMARY wrote:

So far, I'm not seeing any direct material evidence.

I'm also thinking that he's headed to get quite a few years of jail time because of his very bad financial endeavors. 

But, we'll see what happens. 

It all depends on the jury and what they are thinking and how they are viewing the past, present, and upcoming evidence. 

The now disbarred attorney has 19 indictments and over 100 charges against him for financial crimes, which include tax evasion, money laundering, forgery, and fraud.

“The fear of becoming old is born of the recognition that one is not living now the life that one wishes. It is equivalent to a sense of abusing the present.” Susan Sontag
Trusted Contributor

Re: Bomb Threat at Murdaugh Murder Trial Clears Courthouse

I think all they have here is that he lied about being down at the kennels and no blood on him anywhere if he actually checked them. It should at least be on his hands and probably shoe bottoms. Maybe his shorts if he wiped his hands.

To me everything else makes sense for him if he were actually innocent. Checking on his mom under the circumstances isn't all that weird. Was the housekeeper saying the food had been put away? Not weird if there were people at the house after. And is the missing shirt NOT the one in the snapchat video? How did that help if so?

I think he probably didn't but I'm not sure I'd be comfortable convicting on this stuff. I also thought it was interesting that the best friend that he ripped off wasn't asked about the voices in the video. At least I don't think he was.