QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is political.

Honored Contributor

@_O_ wrote:

@suzyQ3 , interesting...have not heard of Airline Ratings.com, thanks for the share.  I do know Boeing has a huge responsibility to figure it out since they have a ton that are ordered and are being postponed.  However, the 2 crashes that occurred are in 3rd world countries, their training is not the same, investigations not the same, regulations aren't the same as the US...thank goodness for the FAA, and they will turn to us for help on this.  As far as whom is to blame, I don't believe everything I read or hear in the news.  It's journalism, they might break a story but alot of details are left out, just enough for skeptisism.  

I'm thankful for the FAA and all regulatory agencies and hope that they always continue to have our well-being as their top priority.

But as for the part that I bolded above, @_O_ , those factors are taken into account in the ratings.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

@Blingqueen023 wrote:

once that door shuts, you have no control over your life.  

But you can control circumstances before the door shuts. I'm booking flights now and just researched flight options that are not a part of the grounded 800's. Each airline will list the type of aircraft that is assigned to the flight#.

Respected Contributor

@granddi wrote:

@Blingqueen023 wrote:

once that door shuts, you have no control over your life.  

But you can control circumstances before the door shuts. I'm booking flights now and just researched flight options that are not a part of the grounded 800's. Each airline will list the type of aircraft that is assigned to the flight#.

They often have to change aircraft if there are weather or other delays.

Respected Contributor

I am certainly glad they grounded those planes because I am flying Southwest to Virginia in a couple of weeks and I am not a fan of flying.

Regular Contributor

@bikerbabe , then go fly them by all means.  However, after speaking to several who fly planes and train in the US, my opinion is different

Honored Contributor

There are a number of foreign carriers I prefer to fly.

Respected Contributor

My son is flying cross-country to California this Friday and returning on Tuesday. I asked him to text me TONIGHT after he checks to see if any of his flights have been changed due to the Boeing Max grounding. He travels a lot and takes disruptions and changes in stride. It's that or not fly which is out of the question.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is political

Esteemed Contributor

@on the bay ...I am so glad you brought up the issue of other countries having banned the planes.  Having known that, our country should have done the same thing instead of putting lives in jeopardy by continuing to allow them to be used.  The decision to ground them was a good one and long overdue.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam