Honored Contributor

Body of 7 year old daughter of firefighter found and other updates

[ Edited ]

The body of the 7 year old daughter of one of the firefighters was found. The number of deceased is now 22. 600 rescuers will be staying on Explorer of the Seas, one  of Royal Caribbean's cruse ships, for the next few weeks. Search dogs will also be allowed aboard. There are at least 5 lawsuits filed so far. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Body of 7 year old daughter of firefighter found and other updates

@Mindy D wrote:

The body of the 7 year old daughter of one of the firefifighters was found. The number of deceased is now 22. 600 rescuers will be staying on Explorer of the Seas, one  of Royal Caribbean's cruse ships for the next few weeks. Search dogs will also be allowed aboard. There are at lest 5 lawsuits filed so far. 

According to Foxnews, her father and uncle found her; her father placed her on the stretcher. 😢

Respected Contributor

Condolences to all of those families, so sad. There will be many more lawsuits to come !

Esteemed Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

The body of the 7 year old daughter of one of the firefighters was found. The number of deceased is now 22. 600 rescuers will be staying on Explorer of the Seas, one  of Royal Caribbean's cruse ships, for the next few weeks. Search dogs will also be allowed aboard. There are at least 5 lawsuits filed so far. 

I'm so sad to hear about this little girl.  So they are going to sue!  They have that right.  It's going to be costly. 

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Honored Contributor

The thought of that father finding his little girl is almost impossible to grasp.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

When I heard that story today on Inside Edition, Deborah Norville nearly started crying while she talked about it. I got all teary eyed. It was such a sad story.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pearlee wrote:

@Mindy D wrote:

The body of the 7 year old daughter of one of the firefifighters was found. The number of deceased is now 22. 600 rescuers will be staying on Explorer of the Seas, one  of Royal Caribbean's cruse ships for the next few weeks. Search dogs will also be allowed aboard. There are at lest 5 lawsuits filed so far. 

According to Foxnews, her father and uncle found her; her father placed her on the stretcher. 😢

@Pearlee  Maybe Fox is wrong or exaggerating,according to our local news in South Florida, the father was  searching a different mound when her body was found.

ETA- Another condo bldg, one  in N. Miami Beach was just condemned, found unfit for occupancy after a building inspection.

Trusted Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

When I heard that story today on Inside Edition, Deborah Norville nearly started crying while she talked about it. I got all teary eyed. It was such a sad story.

@SilleeMee she does that all the time whether the news is sad or happy.  Nice woman with a tender heart.  

Esteemed Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

The thought of that father finding his little girl is almost impossible to grasp.

@suzyQ3 I agree. The thought of this father finding his daughter, and placing her on a stretcher broke my heart. 

Honored Contributor

Tragic beyond any words💔
"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"