Honored Contributor

Re: Body found in a Venice, Italy canal

Just kidding lulu. Would if I could, but don't see it happening.Smile

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Super Contributor

On 2/5/2014 Predsfan said:
On 2/5/2014 beammeupscottie said:
On 2/5/2014 bathina said:

Well, I read it on the internets, so it must be true....{#emotions_dlg.blink} seriously, it is true, pearl necklace and all. Young Iranian student. I guess everyone goes to Italy to have 3somes...and it's quite deadly.

Note to self....twosomes only while in Italy. {#emotions_dlg.crying}

Note to self .... Don't go to Italy!

Just have some pasta with a nice Chianti, light some candles, put on some Italian opera and get in your bathtub... same thing and much safer. Oh, don't forget to wear your best Bronzo jewelry, that will make it truly authentic. Wink{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Esteemed Contributor

Very sad.

Super Contributor

There's nothing funny about this.

Trusted Contributor

On 2/5/2014 bathina said:

Well, I read it on the internets, so it must be true....{#emotions_dlg.blink} seriously, it is true, pearl necklace and all. Young Iranian student. I guess everyone goes to Italy to have 3somes...and it's quite deadly.

Ummm....I went to Italy. But it was to see the artwork.....I swear it was! Wink

Super Contributor

On 2/5/2014 Opurrra said:

There's nothing funny about this.

I completely agree. I don't find anything funny about the death of the woman. My comment was in jest to Preds about not going to Italy. There are many crimes that happen in Europe, not just Italy... Spain, France, Portugal, etc. that are not investigated perhaps to the extent they should be, based on origin of the victim. If that woman had been American, you know it would be getting much more attention and there would be more outrage.

Valued Contributor

I lived near Venice for 34 years and I spend parts of every summer there visiting my parents.On the Italian news the woman was killed by an Indian couple because she wanted her deposit back.Northern Italy used to be extremely safe until the Berlin wall went down.Every family used to sleep in the summer with windows wide open all night, even at the lower floor level.Now they all have air conditioning and alarm systems.Millions of illegal aliens came to Italy over the years.Now we have robberies in restaurants,churches,stores ets.One homeless African immigrant killed 4 people one morning who were just going to work with a machete.In a town went I went to high school a couple was brutally killed by Brazilian neighbors.The police can't do much about this problems,jails are overcrowded and punishments are lenient.Years ago a Romanian illegal alien without a licence was driving drunk when he killed 4 young kids.He was sentenced to house arrest (rent free) at the beach!!Even if businesse have cameras,robbers are from other countries and nobody can find them.They even steal materials from eletrical plants and train rails.So if you go to Italy don't look like a tourist and watch your wallet.By the way,if a robber comes to your house over there,you can't hurt them or detain them.A jewelry store owner killed a robber and committed suicide before going to prison for homicide.Another factory owner shot and paralyzed an illegal alien and had to pay him damages for about 100.ooo dollars.Italians are fed up with the situation.I am so glad I don't live there anymore.

Super Contributor

On 2/5/2014 Bibione said:

I lived near Venice for 34 years and I spend parts of every summer there visiting my parents.On the Italian news the woman was killed by an Indian couple because she wanted her deposit back.Northern Italy used to be extremely safe until the Berlin wall went down.Every family used to sleep in the summer with windows wide open all night, even at the lower floor level.Now they all have air conditioning and alarm systems.Millions of illegal aliens came to Italy over the years.Now we have robberies in restaurants,churches,stores ets.One homeless African immigrant killed 4 people one morning who were just going to work with a machete.In a town went I went to high school a couple was brutally killed by Brazilian neighbors.The police can't do much about this problems,jails are overcrowded and punishments are lenient.Years ago a Romanian illegal alien without a licence was driving drunk when he killed 4 young kids.He was sentenced to house arrest (rent free) at the beach!!Even if businesse have cameras,robbers are from other countries and nobody can find them.They even steal materials from eletrical plants and train rails.So if you go to Italy don't look like a tourist and watch your wallet.By the way,if a robber comes to your house over there,you can't hurt them or detain them.A jewelry store owner killed a robber and committed suicide before going to prison for homicide.Another factory owner shot and paralyzed an illegal alien and had to pay him damages for about 100.ooo dollars.Italians are fed up with the situation.I am so glad I don't live there anymore.

That sounds really dangerous. I guess it's not the idyllic, romantic place many imagine it to be.

Super Contributor

Ugh, my DD is going to Italy on her honeymoon, and one of the areas is Venice. ALWAYS something to worry aboutSmiley Sad Today's worry is her flying, only to turn around and fly again tomorrow. In case you can't tell, I'm a worry wart!!!!!!
Honored Contributor

On 2/5/2014 demitra said: Ugh, my DD is going to Italy on her honeymoon, and one of the areas is Venice. ALWAYS something to worry aboutSmiley Sad Today's worry is her flying, only to turn around and fly again tomorrow. In case you can't tell, I'm a worry wart!!!!!!

No, you're a mother. Smile

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."