Frequent Contributor

When Bob Mackie was on yesterday, I heard him say he had a 2 and1/2 year old granddaughter. I wasn't aware that he had any children, let alone grandkids. Does anyone know any more about this? I'm just being nosy and curious. I love his designs and he seems like such a nice man. Have a great day everyone.

New Contributor

Re: Bob Mackie's Granddaughter?

Apparently, Bob Macikie was married to Lulu Porter from 1960-1963 and they had a son who died at the age of 33. The granddaughter could be his son’s child. Not sure, though.

Esteemed Contributor

@Schusi wrote:

Apparently, Bob Macikie was married to Lulu Porter from 1960-1963 and they had a son who died at the age of 33. The granddaughter could be his son’s child. Not sure, though.

@Schusi- His son passed away in 1993.  He couldn't have a 2 1/2 yr old child.

Honored Contributor

according to a 2019 interview in  womens wear daily by fern mallis with bob mackie, he said he "found out" that he had a granddaughter and also two great granddaughters who are six and ten.

https://wwd.com/eye/people/bob-mackie-reinvents-himself-for-a-new-generation-1202992061/

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein