Honored Contributor

Re: Bob Mackie and Courtney...

I didn't see the show because I personally don't enjoy Bob Mackie's persona and have no use for his type of apparel. And that's putting it mildly.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

So here come the comments that suppose THE Bob Mackie is just some hapless chucklelhead that gets stuck with whatever host the Big-Bad-QVC needs to give a few hours to, and there's nothing he can do or say about it.

I'm always stunned at my fellow posters who don't consider Bob Mackie & Co requested to work with a particular host. When they are negotiating the contract of an appearance, it's entirely likely they have the ability to both request and reject some hosts. 

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is rude to our host

Honored Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

The host that worked really well wih Bob is no longer with QVC.  I hope management reviews tapes of the show with her and offers constructive criticism.

@Aung  And I don't miss those shows one bit.  They were always all about the host who was giggly and silly.  I've only seen Bob become visibly annoyed with one host and they were like oil and water together. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Occasional Contributor

So true, really.  Poor Mr. Mackie, he didn't  know how to react to her gushing over everything.  I bet she doesn't  have one piece of his clothing.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it's unkind to host.

Esteemed Contributor

I always find it somewhat comical when I read posts about how Courtney just needs to mature.  Although she acts/talks like she's much younger, she's in her 30s. I've seen teenagers with better public speaking skills and stage presence than Courtney. She's been working professionally in the broadcast field for almost 15 years.  If she hasn't got it by now, she's not going to get it.

People like her taste/style, so put her backstage styling the models.  (Although, I think she must get help with her own wardrobe.  The other day someone posted a link where Courtney suggested we pair a gingham shirt with different patterned gingham bottoms, gingham sweater, and gingham shoes...sounded like a gingham nightmare! Think about some of the fashion suggestions she makes for us but wouldn't wear on air herself.)

She's been given lots of time to settle into this hosting gig.  It's time to give someone else her time slots and put her back on the graveyard shift if they are so intent on keeping her as a host.

Esteemed Contributor

@wildcat fan wrote:

I always find it somewhat comical when I read posts about how Courtney just needs to mature.  Although she acts/talks like she's much younger, she's in her 30s. I've seen teenagers with better public speaking skills and stage presence than Courtney. She's been working professionally in the broadcast field for almost 15 years.  If she hasn't got it by now, she's not going to get it.

--------------------

I am one who always thinks... better late than never.

But I think this time it is a never!

Esteemed Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@LTT1 wrote:

@De Anna@Spurt@Patriot3

Right now she seems better suited to brands such as "Peace, Love, Happiness and all that malarky. Perhaps, with encouragement and more time, she will mature?

Lines such as BM/LDO/ offer conservative clothing that will always be necessary and in style.

Would we wear ripped jeans and athletic clothing to service or a wedding? No

I think QVC tries to cover all these clothing styles and needs.

It is unpleasant to see a valley girl type jab constantly at a more gracious host. 

I appreciate Amy Stran's demeanor, which seems to (usually) adapt to the ambience of the show.

CC and AS were on together during the holidays last season and this was a sophisticated show. CC seemed much more low-key and mature during that time. Maybe she needs correct direction?

@LTT1

Perhaps QVC's angle is if they pair classic styles with a young host it will help make the line seem more attractive to the younger demographic....but it just doesn't work, because it just comes across as the host being insincere because you can tell, the clothes aren't the host's style.  I agree she is more suited to Love & Happiness, Hot N Hollywood, Logo, etc..............but she needs to act more mature as you said, but she seems to be going in the opposite direction. I think she definitely needs coaching............

I prefer Mary Beth, Leah, Pat or even Antonella paired with Bob Mackie

BM really enjoys himself with Antonella, @Spurt. They do wonderfully together.

Esteemed Contributor

@corita wrote:

I love to watch Bob's shows, don't buy much anymore. I usually make it a point of not watching Courtney's shows, but I like Bob's presentations. 

It is n't only the difference of professionalism, age, and

maturity...Courtney gets so much of the info wrong!!  She gets descriptions, fabrics, colors wrong and then tries to be cute and makes silly, ad-lib remarks!!  Watched about 15 minutes and then switched channels!!

Bob does appreciate some intelligent talk about his collection, not someone who loves to talk but has nothing to say. Leah does well with Bob: she knows what she's talking about and this brings him out.

Listen to CC, and it's a whole lot of talking which means nothing.