Honored Contributor

Bob Crewe, Songwriter and Producer for the Four Seasons, Dies at 83

In a sense, I guess he was the "mastermind" and discoverer of the Four Seasons. I never knew he studied at the Parsons School of Design.

RIP

Honored Contributor

Re: Bob Crewe, Songwriter and Producer for the Four Seasons, Dies at 83

Loved their music, RIP.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Respected Contributor

Anyone know what songs he wrote? (I know I could look it up but I don't want to).

Honored Contributor

On 9/12/2014 scotttie said:

Anyone know what songs he wrote? (I know I could look it up but I don't want to).

As a songwriter, his most successful songs included "Silhouettes" (co-written with Frank Slay); "Big Girls Don't Cry", "Walk Like a Man", "Rag Doll", "Silence Is Golden", "The Sun Ain't Gonna Shine (Anymore)", "Can't Take My Eyes Off You " and "Bye, Bye, Baby" (all co-written with Gaudio); "Let's Hang On!" (wriiten with Sandy Linzer and Denny Randell); and "My Eyes Adored You"

I cheated and looked these up quickly. Among them are major Four Seasons hits.

Valued Contributor

The only song of theirs I truly loved was, Can't Take My Eyes Off of You. I loved it then, and still love that song today.
Respected Contributor

On 9/12/2014 Goldie76 said:
On 9/12/2014 scotttie said:

As a songwriter, his most successful songs included "Silhouettes" (co-written with Frank Slay); "Big Girls Don't Cry", "Walk Like a Man", "Rag Doll", "Silence Is Golden", "The Sun Ain't Gonna Shine (Anymore)", "Can't Take My Eyes Off You " and "Bye, Bye, Baby" (all co-written with Gaudio); "Let's Hang On!" (wriiten with Sandy Linzer and Denny Randell); and "My Eyes Adored You"

I cheated and looked these up quickly. Among them are major Four Seasons hits.

Oh my gosh Goldie. Thank you for doing my look up work for me!!

Whow I loved Big Girls, Walk like a man, rag doll, silence is golden, can't take my eyes off you, let's hang on and my eyes adored you. Wow. What a talent!

Super Contributor

Did anyone see "Jersey Boys" in the theater this summer? My eyes teared up when "Can't Take My Eyes Off You" was performed.

Though I had already seen "Jersey Boys" (the musical), I learned a lot about Franki Valli and the Four Seasons in the movie.

Respected Contributor

"Let's Hang On" was such an upbeat uplifting song. I loved them all, well maybe "Rag Doll" not so much. They all bring on a flood of teen memories.