Honored Contributor

Re: Blue Angels/Thunderbirds flyover this weekend!

YAY!

they practically flew over our home and it was a fast, yet nice site.

my daughter who works in a healthcare facility was standing in the driveway to see them fly over. we were waving. Smiley Wink

caught a not so great pic.......and it was a beautiful day today.....

blue angels.jpg

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Super Contributor

I live in central Maryland and me and my daughter went to see them ..there were lots of people with masks on and kept their distance or I would have left..I forced myself to go to get out of the house its beautiful outside today and I am glad I went it lifted my spirits.I see nothing wrong with it ..I didn't schedule it .it was scheduled so I went ..you all can have your own opinion that's fine, I understand but since it was going to be in my area I took advantage of it 

Valued Contributor

@Deree wrote:

@CAMOGIRL wrote:

Where is your sense of American spirit ladies?

The Blue Angels or The Thunderbirds are awesome!!

Everything does not always need to be doom and gloom all the time does it? 

They certainly are awesome @CAMOGIRL.  But not right now.  Not in my city where we are trying to lower our daily death toll and protect our front line workers.  I might ask you Where is your concern and empathy for those who have died and lost loved ones?  You speak like you live in a bubble.  Perhaps you do.

@Deree  though I don't reside in a high infection area I can understand your feelings. Many mistakes, miscalculations were made early on and years ago for that matter when it came to the topic of preparing for a pandemic. There was a simulation for what we are living through now just a year ago and still this country was unprepared. 

It makes my blood boil and a flyover won't change that. I realize it was meant to boost morale but the only thing that will work for me, is a cure and a promise to bring manufacturing back to the USA and how we make medicine and vaccines too....no more depending on other nations especially one in particular who is careless and has unleashed illness 3 times to the world. We are arguing and fighting among ourselves instead of insisting that the offending country pay and pay again until they stop their careless actions that cause death and destruction of economies around the world. 

Honored Contributor

One can find these displays in the spirit they are meant to be taken and one can also feel compassion for those who have lost their lives and the loved ones left behind.

No bells can be unrung.  We can only move forward.  Nobody here knows everyone's story, either.   Just because somebody finds these displays uplifting doesn't mean the person is not living in reality.

I prefer to take hope (assurance) that we will pull through this pandemic.

I wish the Blue Angels/Thunderbirds had not pulled out in my neck of the woods but I understand the reasoning.  Had they fulfilled their schedule, I would have watched.

I would still have mourned the loss.

Sometimes people protest just a tad too much.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

@JaneMarple 

I was about to post the same thing.   What a waste of money right now when tests, masks and other PPE could be produced with the money.    Who is ordering these ?   And why doesn't someone stop them?

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@MorningLover 

So they say.  Pardon me for being skeptical.

Honored Contributor

@MorningLover wrote:

@Deree wrote:

@MorningLover   Too funny when people try real hard to change someone's opinion and what they see and experience especially with a couple of isolated snapshots from different parts of the country.

Deree wrote: Meanwhile the healthcare workers for whom this is supposed to honor will be inside risking their lives to save people. 

What I highlighted from your post was a false statement. 

I'm not trying to change anyones opinion just stating the facts. There are many videos online, I just posted a couple of pictures. These were the areas that the Blue Angels/Thunderbirds did amazing flyovers. 

AMERICA STRONG is the theme! 

@MorningLover   Thank you for posting FACTS regarding the flyovers.

It is a waste of time trying to discuss when some are just trying in the usual underhanded way to place some blame where none is needed in this situation.  The crewmembers organized this, not the one disliked.

We can feel good about the flyovers and we can feel compassion for those affected by COVID-19.

Some just like to walk bare foot on a "high road" made out of broken glass.

Esteemed Contributor

@Cakers3  yeah, that's what I read BUT...San Antonio (Joint Base, military) took all the passengers from the cruise ships early on, so I feel SA front line workers could use the love.

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MamaWick wrote:

@Cakers3  yeah, that's what I read BUT...San Antonio (Joint Base, military) took all the passengers from the cruise ships early on, so I feel SA front line workers could use the love.

@MamaWick   Exactly.  San Antonio is always first to step up.  I agree about all those front line workers who worked tirelessly caring for those passengers. A fine group of caring individuals.

Perhaps the schedule will change again; I hope so.

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

Four F-15E Strike Eagles from the 4th Fighter Wing @ Seymore Johnson in Goldsboro NC flew over several eastern NC hospitals. An awesome sight to see and hear from my home town!!

Fly Over 

I sent this message from the last living brain cell I have.