Respected Contributor

Re: Blue Angels/Thunderbirds flyover this weekend!

@MorningLover  That 2nd picture is truly something else....with the image of the moon behind them...amazing and thanks for posting these great pictures!  We are indeed, a very fortunate and blessed country....AMERICA STRONG!

Respected Contributor

@golding76  I'm 1/2 mile from NIH/Navy Hospital in Bethesda and actually saw the planes flyover...aren't we lucky and truly blessed....this really made my day and my week!  

Honored Contributor

ScarletDove,

As I added to my post, I was like a child clapping outside when they flew past so quickly.  These two groups represent much of what I love about the United States.  Their commitment to unity, precision and purpose should be emulated in all areas of government.   

Really, they always make my day when I am fortunate enough to see them.  I love aircraft and flight.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ScarletDove  and @golding76  Woman Wink Glad to hear you were very lucky to be able to see the flyovers. I can only imagine how breathtaking and spectacular it would be. Have a great weekend!

~ This is an extraordinary and unprecedented time but we will get through this.  America Strong.

Respected Contributor

@golding76  Well, seems we both had the same reaction... I was out there clapping, hooting and hollering in the front yard with a few other patriots walking down the street... This is the first time I have seen either Blue Angels or Thunderbirds--amazing! 

"...These two groups represent much of what I love about the United States.  Their commitment to unity, precision and purpose should be emulated in all areas of government...."    I am in total agreement Goldie76!

Honored Contributor

ScarletDove,

It must have been thrilling for you to see them for the first time.  They truly take your breath away.

When visiting family in Las Vegas, I got to see one Thunderbird flying toward Nellis AFB.  I would not have been able to spot it, but a Las Vegan who is also a friend told me to look up and see it as it was flying toward Nellis.

Respected Contributor

@Deree  I am sorry that you are in a place of negativity--it is an unpleasant experience.....may your tomorrow be a better day!

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ScarletDove wrote:

@Deree  I am sorry that you are in a place of negativity--it is an unpleasant experience.....may your tomorrow be a better day!

Thank you @ScarletDove.  My negativity only comes from grieving for the thousands and thousands of lives lost and their loved ones and also as a result of the idiots in this country who do not take this pandemic seriously.  You be safe and be well.

Wear a mask. Social distance. Be part of the solution - not part of the problem.
Respected Contributor

Saw them - they went right over my house.  So cool!!!

Honored Contributor

@MamaWick wrote:

They were going to fly over San Antonio but we were cancelled.  Darn.

@MamaWick   Yes-they were to fly over Austin, Houston, Dallas, San Antone, Corpus Christi and Kingsville.

They decided to spend the time flying over harder hit areas. 

They still could change the courses again, though.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh