Honored Contributor

Re: Blue Angels/Thunderbirds flyover this weekend!

@JaneMarple   The flight demonstration teams are up flying and practicing every day anyway.  They might as well visit major metro areas as they lift spirits tremendously.  They give everyone a thrill instead of just flying over their practice areas.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Deree wrote:

Not too smart.  Another excuse for the idiots to gather and gawk.  Meanwhile the healthcare workers for whom this is supposed to honor will be inside risking their lives to save people.  I really don't think they care about flyovers.  I think they care more about getting enough PPE and about the rest of us honoring them by staying home and wearing masks if we have to go out.

@Deree    Their gathered cheering presence outside their workplaces as the planes fly over seem to indicate they care very much.

What a sour attitude!

Esteemed Contributor

They were going to fly over San Antonio but we were cancelled.  Darn.

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Honored Contributor

baltimore-flight-route-1588341170.jpg

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

washington-d-c-flight-route-1588341204.jpg

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

I wonder when they are flying over the West Coast (and will they fly over any seriously impacted hot spots, such as poor Gallup N.M.)?

Honored Contributor

I noticed on the news tonight that in Louisiana they had a fly-over of B-52 bombers and fighters probably from Barksdale AFB near Shreveport.  They're big and very impressive too.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

hoping i will be able to see them from outside of my home.

have not seen them in years......i had the chance to see them years ago on one of my childrens school field trips to annapolis.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ScarletDove  We had a flyover of NYC and Philly earlier in the week. My DH and I walked to higher ground but couldn't see them as they flew over lower Bucks County, PA.. My son climbed on the roof of his workplace and just managed to see them on the horizon. He was thrilled! His company is gearing up to make parts for testing kits. Our daughter is a hospital pharmacy tech, and our other son is a retirement home administrator. They are all on different kinds of front lines!

Honored Contributor

@patbz   Did you hear Gallup is locked down this week-end?  Nobody can go in or out; all exits/entrances on IH-40 are blocked by state police.  They have a high Navajo population and the pandemic is running rampant there.  They really need their spirits lifted.