[ Edited ]

Redbubble dot com

The Sound Of Silence music sheets Classic T-Shirt 

( Print Location - front or back )    

Sound Of Silence Gifts & Merchandise | Redbubble

Respected Contributor

Re: Blown away by this music: Disturbed group

[ Edited ]

I guess he's trying to make a point or something but his rendition of The Sound of Silence is not for me. I don't like his grimacing and shouting out this song. Give me Pentatonix.

Esteemed Contributor

@qualitygal 

The one I have heard the most singing this song was Simon and Garfunkel. Always have loved the song. Will have to check out  this version of that song. Thank you for this thread.

hckynut   🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Trusted Contributor

I have always loved Simon and Garfunkel and Sound of Silence has always been one of my favorites. I am not a fan of covers, especially of such great songs as Sound of Silence.  But Disturbed's version blew me away and I have loved it since it first heard it quite awhile ago.

Honored Contributor

@phoenixbrd wrote:

Respect to SG for writing the song, ISS for the incredible photos, and Disturbed's DD for this amazing interpretation.  Thanks @qualitygal without your post I would have missed this treasure.

@phoenixbrd   Paul Simon wrote The Sound of Silence when he was 21 years old.  It took him 3 months to perfect.  Art G did not write the lyrics.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

I have always loved that song .. makes me cry every time I hear it ...

The words are very moving .....

Honored Contributor

@FlyersGirl wrote:

I am a big fan of Disturbed. (yes I am "down with the sickness").I love their cover of Sound of Silence. 

Many rockers think Disturbed has "sold out" by doing covers. I don't feel that way. David's voice is so beautiful and I think it is perfect for many of the songs the band has covered.

Another one of my favorite Disturbed covers is Sting's "If I ever lose my faith in you". Beautiful rendition.  

@FlyersGirl 

Speaking of covers...

I'm particularly fond of Down With the Sickness as covered by Richard Cheese and Lounge Against the Machine.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Trusted Contributor

@just bee LOL.I remember that version from the movie "Dawn of the Dead". He was definitely "down with the sickness". Woman Happy

Trusted Contributor

@LTT1 that video was beautiful, thank you.

I love Disturbed!  Oh-wa-a-a-a!