Respected Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

@fairydogmother 

Im also in Tampa area and seeing it clearly.  Right now it's a beautiful shade of "red"--something beautiful to see!

Hi neighbor 🥰 I always marvel at what God has created. This phenomenon is especially magical and mysterious 

Harmonize the World
Honored Contributor

The moon was very full and orangey looking but I can no longer see it. It definitely wasn't red. I heard that it would be blood red as well. It was certainly pretty.

Honored Contributor

About 11:30 I saw a partial eclipse of the moon which I don't remember ever seeing! Then about 11:50 the eclipse went away and the moon looked a pretty orange red but more orange. Then at 12:11 when I read we could see the peak of the blood red moon it seemed the moon disappeared and I couldn't see it at all. don't know if that was because of clouds or was that when it was a total eclipse? I thought that was when it would be most red.

Anyway it was very neat to see it.

Still the most amazing moon I ever saw was a huge moon that seemed to cover the sky and it was an incredible shade of bright orange.

Maybe that was a Harvest moon? I'll never forget it.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

shoot ! I was hoping the white moon would stay where I could watch it.

It went inside the clouds and I waited for it to come back out red and it had moved South on me. Couldn't see from the window any more. Don't want to stay up all night and don't like to be outside in the dark either.

Booger bear may get me guess I'll watch it on the NASA site. LOL

Honored Contributor

@on the bay  I've seen a lot of Harvest Moons and they are always in the fall of course because that's when harvesting takes place! I love seeing them.

Honored Contributor

In my neck of the woods, it was supposed to be visible from approximately 8:29pm pacific time, and would last about 90 minutes.

Wow ... lovely and the most unusual eclipse I've seen ... really gorgeous.   Glad I made the effort to get out the binoculars and camera ... and snap a few photos.  Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

In my part of MA, we saw a large full moon but not the red moon.