Respected Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN

It's free~!

(nomorobo)

Honored Contributor

@Witchy Woman wrote:

@Lipstickdiva

That service is not available from Verizon, my carrierCat Sad

In Florida verison sold out to Frontier and we have this service - back when it was verizon and still as frontier.

Esteemed Contributor

@Witchy Woman So annoying. I don't answer the phone unless I know who it is and I have blocked a lot of repetitive calls. These people have become very sneaky, though. Now the call comes through as "private caller" with no phone number and you can't even block it !!

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Honored Contributor

@Witchy Woman  I have the HSN Panasonic phone with call block like you do.  I have to say that my phone hardly rings now that I have blocked about 90 numbers over the last 4 months or so.  I figure that they probably do change up the numbers so I will need to clear out the old blocked numbers and start blocking the new ones here someday.

But for now, the phone goes days without any telemarkers getting through  and the phone is blocking several calls a day with the one ring only.  

Honored Contributor

@seaBreeze wrote:

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I subscribed to Nomorobo on our landline.  Now if it's a robo call, the phone rings once and the caller is disconnected.

How do you subscribe? Through the internet or through your landline provider? Thanks!!!!

@CANDLEQUEEN  (not all phone carriers use this, but nomorobo will indicated that once you click on your ph. carrier name on the website below).

1.  Go to website:  

https://www.nomorobo.com

2.  Click on "Get Started Now" tab

3.  Click on "Click Here to Get Started"

4.  At dropdown menu on btm pg. choose your ph. carrier)

(follow the rest of the prompts, as now you will be

directed to go to your phone carrier's website, you'll need

your i.d. & password for that).

Thank-you so much!!!!!!!

Respected Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN    It's really simple .... my neighbor thanked me for giving her this .... she said only one call has come thru in months.

I see the "instructions" have changed slightly since I signed on, if you have a question, use this forum to contact me @sea breeze.  If you do not know how many "rings" to set up the special robo phone # .... I used "2 rings" even tho the instructions say to match it with your landline's # of rings (i.e., 6 rings) prior to going to voice mail.  

Might take 24 hours for it to "work."   Will not block school's or pharmacy's robo calls which I do not want blocked, naturally. 

Esteemed Contributor

@ValuSkr

Just Verizon covering land line and internet, so Nomorobo is not part of it.

Honored Contributor

Witchy Woman wrote:

@ValuSkr

Just Verizon covering land line and internet, so Nomorobo is not part of it.

Be sure to keep checking!

Last year  I changed from ATT Uverse to Charter.  At that time Charter didn't have it.   Don't get me wrong, it was STILL worth it to get rid of ATT.   But one day, not far in, I was on hold with Charter and heard that they now had nomorobo.  So, I signed up right then and there, while I was still on hold.  Smiley Happy

Verizon is another large carrier, so I would expect they would become compatible at some point.  If not, they should offer their own thing.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Blocking unwanted calls

[ Edited ]

@pattypeep]

I think I can block "private caller" calls.  Not sure (I'd have to check the book.)

My BIGGEST complaint is the constantly changing numbers. 

Those that I have blocked do call back.  Some, several times a day!  The phone does not ring, but I will see the light come on or, when I check the caller log, I will see the numbers.

But, every day, there are probably one or two NEW numbers calling in.  Of course, I block them too.

No, I just don't answer unless I know the number.

But isn't it a sad situation that we are all bombarded with unwanted calls!?

Honored Contributor

@seaBreeze wrote:

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I subscribed to Nomorobo on our landline.  Now if it's a robo call, the phone rings once and the caller is disconnected.

How do you subscribe? Through the internet or through your landline provider? Thanks!!!!

@CANDLEQUEEN  (not all phone carriers use this, but nomorobo will indicated that once you click on your ph. carrier name on the website below).

1.  Go to website:  

https://www.nomorobo.com

2.  Click on "Get Started Now" tab

3.  Click on "Click Here to Get Started"

4.  At dropdown menu on btm pg. choose your ph. carrier)

(follow the rest of the prompts, as now you will be

directed to go to your phone carrier's website, you'll need

your i.d. & password for that).

Dang. looks like I will have to sign up directly with Time Warner as I don't have my passport and user ID. and when I tried to get it it said there is not one on file.......Well it should be fairly easy to do this through them, don't you think?