Honored Contributor

'Call Blocker' from HSN as I've said 10 times when this subject comes up.

Call comes in that is unwanted or a 1-800 # comes in push the big red button that kills the call and will block it when it tries again. It will either let ring once then kill the incoming call or does not ring at all just chops 'em off and you never know they tried. I bought 2 and my sister one it's changed her life. She lives alone and was getting calls all the time now she's more relaxed.

I assume everybody has caller ID. phone rings, you see the #, decide to block or answer.  Bingo, if the number has been blocked it will ring just once and it goes bye bye.

Esteemed Contributor

I keep one of my Trackfones set with Airplane Mode turned ON constantly. I can still email and use internet with that on, but it blocks all incoming calls.

I believe if you have your voicemail set up, (I don't) the Airplane Mode sends all incoming calls straight to voicemail.

To call out, the Airplane Mode turns off with just one tap of the finger.

I started this because although I hadn't given that new phone number out to anyone, the number of junk calls coming in to that phone was just awful!!!

This works. It's free. It's built in to the phone. And it doesn't eat up space like another app would.

My other phone, which I do use to call & text, has an older OS with a good call blocking feature built in.

Respected Contributor

@x Hedge wrote:

I keep one of my Trackfones set with Airplane Mode turned ON constantly. I can still email and use internet with that on, but it blocks all incoming calls.

I believe if you have your voicemail set up, (I don't) the Airplane Mode sends all incoming calls straight to voicemail.

To call out, the Airplane Mode turns off with just one tap of the finger.

I started this because although I hadn't given that new phone number out to anyone, the number of junk calls coming in to that phone was just awful!!!

This works. It's free. It's built in to the phone. And it doesn't eat up space like another app would.

My other phone, which I do use to call & text, has an older OS with a good call blocking feature built in.

I deliberately did not set up my voicemail when I bought my Tracfone here at Q last summer, but it's still active. I just can't get to the messages because I haven't done the setup. 

That means that I'm paying for those calls, b/c you pay for everything with Tracfone, and I don't like that. I keep the phone off nearly all the time, unless I'm traveling.

On my landline (actually VOIP), there are stealth charges if I utilize the call blocking function via the phone company (keypad commands) to block calls, so I don't. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Winifred wrote:

Where I live it is now almost impossible to block phone calls. Main reason for that is businesses - including medical people - now use numbers that do NOT reflect who they really are. As a result, almost all calls go through. It has become horrible. It  also adds up to why all services are getting so expensive.  The Do Not call national registry is a joke - use to work but not now. I pay for a private line and block calls auto. I can still block them from my phone but have to put the number in and then add it to the list. Of course, most phones only handle so many blocked numbers. A racket for sure. Also many honest people no longer put their names on the calls they place. So many just say private, wireless or something else just as dumb.

The "Do Not Call Registry" IS a total joke.

I sign up all the time , and I still get so many calls a day.  

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"