Trusted Contributor

@goldensrbest 

I have blink cameras & a ring doorbell. My blink cameras work great & the only problem I have with them is I have Verizon DSL service. Sometimes the internet goes out & the cameras don't respond until I reset the internet. I think the range is pretty good. My 2 outside ones can see across the road & beyond. As long as my internet hasn't crashed I can view my cameras love from my phone or iPad wherever I am. 

The ring doorbell is a clear picture & can also see across the road. But- I have raised ranch & my front door sits back in between the overhang. So I can't see anything off to the sides- just straight ahead as the siding/overhang blocks it. Not ring's fault- just the door location & house design.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Blink out door camera

[ Edited ]

I have 8 of these inside and outside, rarely have any problems with them.  You have to set them correctly in settings for them to work the way you want them to work..ie: how long the video runs, activity zones, retrigger time, clip length, sensitivity, etc.  they absolutely DO notify you when you are not home.  I love them.

Take time every day to enjoy where you are without a need to fix it
Esteemed Contributor

My daughter and son-in-law got us these for Christmas and they set them up for us too.

We love them. I disarm them whne hubby takes out the trash or pulss out of the driveway to save battery life, They set them so I can see all angles even to the street,,,but set the sensitivity so it doesn't pick up cars going down the street.

We catch the neighbors cat prowling around and we also cought the neigbors hunting dog that got lose and we alerted them...

So far so good...My daughter has them and liked them so much so she got us a set for Christmas..