Esteemed Contributor

Re: Blake Shelton/Gwen Stefani Getting Married

It seems a bit fast! IF true I wish them luck and I hope Blake quit drinking. I am not a fan of his due to his excsessive drinking.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Trusted Contributor

@Sister Golden Hair wrote:

In our neck of the woods, we call this a shotgun wedding.

Shotgun wedding - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shotgun_wedding

Wikipedia
A shotgun wedding is a wedding that is arranged to avoid embarrassment due to premarital sex possibly leading to an unplanned pregnancy, rather than out of the desire of the participants.
Esteemed Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@kelshar  Funny  -  I wasn't irked so much but I like Blake better with Gwen than with Miranda.

I like Blake and Miranda as a couple better...Miranda will find her guy though.  Blake and Gwen seem an odd match to me but if they're happy...

Valued Contributor

@bri20

This will be another 3 month marriage.  When the 

press dies down..................it will end..

Honored Contributor

@sassenach1 Many actors, singers, models, athletes etc are on relationship contracts.

Honored Contributor

@Snoopp wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

@kelshar  Funny  -  I wasn't irked so much but I like Blake better with Gwen than with Miranda.

I like Blake and Miranda as a couple better...Miranda will find her guy though.  Blake and Gwen seem an odd match to me but if they're happy...

Ummm.....wasn't that the problem though?  She'd "found" another guy while she was still married to Blake!  Woman Surprised

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shorty2U wrote:

It seems a bit fast! IF true I wish them luck and I hope Blake quit drinking. I am not a fan of his due to his excsessive drinking.

I agree that, if true, it's way too soon after their individual divorces.

As to the drinking, he's said many times that that's all just hype.  He even addressed it once on TV, saying that he jokes about it, because people keep talking about it.  If he drank as much as people claim, he wouldn't be able to stand up straight!  And he certainly wouldn't stay in shape; he'd be a lot heavier.

If a lot of his friends who really know him started expressing concern, then I might put some credence in it.  Until then, I think it's just tabloid nonsense.

Esteemed Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

@Snoopp wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

Ummm.....wasn't that the problem though?  She'd "found" another guy while she was still married to Blake!  Woman Surprised

I haven't seen anything written about that.  But only they know the real reason for the split. 

Honored Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

@Shorty2U wrote:

I agree that, if true, it's way too soon after their individual divorces.

As to the drinking, he's said many times that that's all just hype.  He even addressed it once on TV, saying that he jokes about it, because people keep talking about it.  If he drank as much as people claim, he wouldn't be able to stand up straight!  And he certainly wouldn't stay in shape; he'd be a lot heavier.

If a lot of his friends who really know him started expressing concern, then I might put some credence in it.  Until then, I think it's just tabloid nonsense.

@Venezia I always thought it was strange that Clint Eastwood was a lifelong non-smoker but was always smoking in his movies.

Maybe the same thing with Blake teasing about his drinking.

Esteemed Contributor

So many articles have been written lately about Blake and Gwen.  They are getting married, they are not getting married, she is touring and he is getting ready for The Voice and so on and so on.  He is great with her boys and they love him , he will take time to see Gwen while she is touring. 

I'll believe it when I see it.  I feel as many here do, they are an odd pair but they adore one another.  Love on the rebound seldom lasts and as much as I would like them to be happy I just don't see this lasting.  Marriage for people in their business takes a whole lot of patience.  One is touring while the other one is home and then the one who is home goes on tour when the other one comes home.  I think they should give their relationship another year before thinking of marriage.  I hate to say it and I don't want to be negative but my gut says marriage or no marriage, they will eventually break up.  I hope I'm wrong and I wish them the lots of luck.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam