Honored Contributor
Donna, I had to do the same thing at a few of our AHL games when we had a team here. One lady called me everything but "john" . Even thought she might punch me so I made sure to be able to block a punch if she threw one. Ended up getting Security and that ended that one. You are certainly my type of Lady! YAY for you.
hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

Back in the day, kids didn't go to movies with parents unless it was a movie for kids. They went to matinees on Sat. but today, it is not safe for them anymore. Rent a movie for them or take them to see the animated movies. I find the younger generation so rude, but also the 40-50 group that don't have manners or teach their kids manners.

I am elderly and was going through the door at Kaiser. A young family with four kids where behind me. As the door opened automatically, the Mother, Father and four kids went through. Just stepped in front of me. I walk fast, no walker or cane, so I wasn't slow, not that that would have matter, even then they should have had more respect for your elder, but no manners. It's the parents, they can't teach their kids what they don't have.

Honored Contributor

Got a fair to poor review in my paper today, very old done before kind of story.

Honored Contributor
On 1/30/2015 Shelbelle said:

Got a fair to poor review in my paper today, very old done before kind of story.

You know...with a bit of thought I do not mind is it is an old story if it is well acted. I mean a lot of movies are re-hashed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Honored Contributor
On 1/30/2015 tansy said:
On 1/30/2015 dmod nj said:

lulu, did the manager give you a refund?

Several years ago, my girlfriend and I had the same experience. It was an afternoon movie for adults, not children.

I finally got up and yelled out loud, to the handful of loud moms and even louder toddlers, to be quiet. {#emotions_dlg.devil2} They had the nerve to be offended and get upset with me. {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

A manager refunded our money. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

I would have clapped wildly for you, dmodSmiley Happy

Me too...been there done that. Apparently the theater knows they have a problem with this group and it should be addressed. I would have offered you free refreshments on your next visit. You are out the time and gas and should have been able to see the movie...in peace.

Honored Contributor
On 1/30/2015 Peaches McPhee said:
On 1/30/2015 lulu2 said:

Unfortunately there is little that can be done.

Boy, did I disagree with the theater on this one. Of course there is something that can be done! The manager can speak to those people and tell them to shut the **** up. (Well, more politely than that of course.) We don't call people out on their bad behavior enough.

Uh, yeah! That person was just plain wrong. There IS a certain decorum expected in a movie theater - well, isn't there STILL? Or is this another set of manners that's gone down the drain.

Anyhoo, as to the movie - I hadn't heard of this one until recently and I look forward to seeing it. I wait for premium cable or Netflix/Amazon, though, as I just don't like being around rude people at all anymore.

Honored Contributor
On 1/30/2015 Shelbelle said:

I saw those reviews, too, and will rent the movie from RedBox when it's available.

Honored Contributor
On 1/30/2015 chickenbutt said:
On 1/30/2015 Peaches McPhee said:
On 1/30/2015 lulu2 said:

Unfortunately there is little that can be done.

Boy, did I disagree with the theater on this one. Of course there is something that can be done! The manager can speak to those people and tell them to shut the **** up. (Well, more politely than that of course.) We don't call people out on their bad behavior enough.

Uh, yeah! That person was just plain wrong. There IS a certain decorum expected in a movie theater - well, isn't there STILL? Or is this another set of manners that's gone down the drain.

Anyhoo, as to the movie - I hadn't heard of this one until recently and I look forward to seeing it. I wait for premium cable or Netflix/Amazon, though, as I just don't like being around rude people at all anymore.

And you still post here?

/

/

/

/

/

/

Just kidding

sort of.{#emotions_dlg.unsure}

Honored Contributor

Ha! Croemer! I can handle it in small doses - and knowing I can easily get away. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I'm looking forward to seeing this movie. Kevin Costner is one of my faves.

Anyway, I cannot stand rude people in the movie. Do they think it's their own home and they can disrupt other people? One of my pet peeves...