Valued Contributor

Re: Black Friday was a breeze

@homedecor1 wrote:

@threecees

I know it was the same here! Earlier today a older lady friend called me & asked me if I would take her food shopping, bank & pharmacy.   I have been under the weather but it was a beautiful day here so I figured what the heck ... fresh air would do me good.

When I picked her up she "shyly" asked me would I take her to Bealls, Michaels, Kohls and a few other stores.  I thought "oh boy gonna be a long day"🙄--plus, she's on a walker.  She wanted to use her coupons and pick up a few christmas gifts.

I was pleasantly surprised.  Every store we went to she had her list & off she went🙂.  The salespeople were helpful, other shoppers friendly & yes lines were long but moved fast.

Honestly, we were in food store & WM the longest.  I so enjoyed the visit and although, I didn't buy anything it was a enjoyable day.

🎅🏻🎄🙂

Thank you for doing that.  That is what the season is about.  I am so sick of people whining about a gift not received or something they can't find. 

Pretty soon the posts about a company "ruining Christmas."  will begin, if they haven't already.

Valued Contributor

@threecees, I'm so glad you had a good day out shopping. I don't like to get out and into the heavy traffic and fight finding a parking space during Black Friday any longer and I did not do any online shopping today either. But I love hearing about your shopping trip. Sounds like a fun day. I am a crafter so would have loved to have gone to Michaels with you. You got some great deals! Enjoy!

Valued Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

@threecees

I know it was the same here! Earlier today a older lady friend called me & asked me if I would take her food shopping, bank & pharmacy.   I have been under the weather but it was a beautiful day here so I figured what the heck ... fresh air would do me good.

When I picked her up she "shyly" asked me would I take her to Bealls, Michaels, Kohls and a few other stores.  I thought "oh boy gonna be a long day"🙄--plus, she's on a walker.  She wanted to use her coupons and pick up a few christmas gifts.

I was pleasantly surprised.  Every store we went to she had her list & off she went🙂.  The salespeople were helpful, other shoppers friendly & yes lines were long but moved fast.

Honestly, we were in food store & WM the longest.  I so enjoyed the visit and although, I didn't buy anything it was a enjoyable day.

🎅🏻🎄🙂

@homedecor1, you are such a good person to have done that for your friend, especially when you have not been feeling well. God bless you for taking time out to help someone else like that. We need more people like you in this world.

Honored Contributor

@threecees wrote:

I went out this morning and I was able to get everything I had on my list. Found great

deals at Michaels. They had 30% off sale prices from 7 to 12. I found a wicker padded

small storage bench there that was originally priced at $89. Half price to $45.50 and

then the extra 30 took it down to $31 plus tax.

Also a cute little red Santa basket that was only $3 that I will put napkins in on my dining room table. Took about 5 minutes to check out. No big deal

At Kohls I had a $10 offer and I bought a beautiful light up pointsettia candle. I paid only $1.79 after they deducted the offer and another 15% off. Lines were long but moved quickly because all cashiers were at their registers. The best deals with $50 orders you get $15 Kohls cash. Again no big deal.

Found a super soft pair of slippers for only $7 and a few other goodies, pajamas 

for gifts and a few other things. No problems with traffic and I was not stressed

out. I find that the Black Friday morning is better for me than Thanksgiving night

to shop. Even went grocery shopping and got some bargains there. Overall a 

really great day. Seems most all I read on here, everybody just complains about it.

Guess you don't want to save big. Just be a little patient.

The best part of the day driving home. I heard George Michael's Last Christmas on the radio. One of my favorite Christmas songs. Love it. Hope all who went out 

got great stuff too. Now to get that tree done. Merry Christmas!

Glad you had such a good time.  I was able to purchase tablets for my grandkids at Target.  $29.00.  You can't beat that price for small kids.  Oh and I also love Last Christmas by George Michael.Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

My husband wanted to go to Walmart yesterday morning to get some grocery items and I went because I was afraid for him to go alone with all the traffic and such (I think he is senile).   The streets 

were empty and walmart was deserted.  This was probably around 

9 am...I was shocked...Later however the interstate was backed up with cars trying to get off at outlet mall..

Honored Contributor

@threecees....................Im happy you had a good day.  

I find a amazing that people cant post on here without some spoil sport posting negative things.

Unhappy people just want everyone else to be unhappy too.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sounds like you found some great deals Three Cees.  I had no problems either yesterday.  I did go out late in the day though around 3 p.m.  I noticed the roads were busy but nothing crazy.  I went to JoAnn Fabrics and got some really nice fake pointsettias and other Christmas floral which were all on sale.  Then went to Big Lots and found a few things.  Very impressed with Big Lots this year.  Didn't venture to any mall though.  However, was watching our local news last night as they normally do Black

Friday stories but it didn't seem exceptionally crazy as far as traffic or overcrowded malls.  May go to Target later today just to see what they have.   

Respected Contributor

I traveled all day.  Flew from west to east, so lost a couple hours.  I got up at 7am, and got home around 9:45pm.  So what did I purchase on Black Friday?  Food at the airport.  Parking at the airport.  Oh, and my furbabies back from the furbaby sitter! 

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

@threecees

🎅🏻🎄🙂

💚❤️💚❤️💚❤️💚❤️💚❤️💚❤️💚❤️💚❤️💚

@homedecor1

What a beautiful act of kindness!  So selfless.

You’re a good soul...and I bet on Santa’s Good List!

🎅🤶