Esteemed Contributor

Please share your finds, online and /or B&M.

Yesterday I ordered a bluetooth speaker for my 14 y.o. nephew from walmart.com.

Today QVC actually got me with their f/s. I ordered 3 The Comfy Dream Lites - for my nephew, his sister and-one for me, all from As Is, where there was still good quantity and color variety. Best price I could find on line.

I pride myself in being very thoughtful about the gifts I give for Christmas. This year it's a struggle. Nothing much is calling out to me. I just want to be done with the shopping. I am not over-thinking it. 

I plan to really limit visits to B&M stores this weekend, if I even go at all.

Honored Contributor

I'm not going to any B&M stores.  I went to a big box store a couple of weeks ago and cringed the whole time.  There were too many people not wearing masks, coughing, hacking, touching everything. I couldn't get out fast enough. I already bought my grandkids' gifts - online.  

Trusted Contributor

I am limiting my B&M store shopping as well, but not going to ANY.   I went to the grocery store when they opened the other day and say too many people for my comfort level without masks and Yup told them what I thought.  I got what I needed and got OUT.  Curbside pickup or delivery for me from hear on out.  

I am not buying hardly any gifts this year.  No one needs anything and the last thing my kids want is "Stuff" so unless something really speaks to me and is a great deal I am not buying.  

I hate being like this because I like giving and I love Christmas but I am just not feeling it this year.

Honored Contributor

I did my Black Friday shopping back on Prime Day (Amazon Fire Recast marked down to $129, and a 4k Fire TV Stick ($29 from $50) and an earlier Black Friday sale at Best Buy (Kitchenaid mixer normally $499 on sale for $199, back on sale again if anyone's interested and yes, it's a great mixer). I'm keeping an eye on the sales today, but nothing's jumped out at me just yet. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

Perhaps we could keep this on topic and not a complaint fest.

I got a couple Ryobi batteries at Home Depot, usually a good price this time of year.  Added their flashlight this time.  It is really bright and comes in handy when walking the dogs.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Trusted Contributor

I haven't been a Black Friday shopper since I had my girls, so I don't really feel like I'm missing out on the experience, especially this year.  I have been going to some B&M stores since everything reopened, but I have no  intention of going out to any this weekend.  I think it's too risky.

I think B&M stores are doing a pretty good job about offering their Black Friday sales online this year.  I'm assuming their main goal is to try and keep as many people OUT of the stores as possible while still making somewhat of a profit.  It would be nice if they continued this trend after the pandemic is over.

I have been buying Christmas gifts for a few months now, so Iuckily I'm pretty much done. Most of my gift buying has centered around my children, so I tried to take advange of good deals on certain items for them when they came along.  I also took advantage of QVC's free shipping days.  I think they would do very well if they continued to offer that.  I always stop short on purchases because of having to factor in their shipping.  It can be a deal breaker for me.

I hope everyone enjoys their purchases!

Respected Contributor

I scored some Berkshire blankets (any size including King!), for $14.99 at Macy's online.  Plus free shipping @ $25. 

Those were sold out, and then back in stock, but now sold out again, but they still have some Berkshire ones with sherpa for just $24.99 for Queen size. Comes in grey or red.

17754553_fpx.jpg

......You look like I need a drink.....
Respected Contributor

Oh, and also scored an Apple watch for $119 instead of $199 at Target.  The series 3, but that's OK, that's good enough for me since I have an old fit bit watch that I'm looking to upgrade to a larger face.

......You look like I need a drink.....
Honored Contributor

Nothing yet, but I did go to Target this morning to see if they were doing their 20% off coupon deal.  I got there at 6:58. They opened at 7:00. I was 6th in line.  

Got the 3 things I went for, not gift related, and I was done 5 minutes later.  Store has never been so empty. 

And,  they're not doing their coupon deal this year. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Esteemed Contributor

Purchased the QVC $29.99 tunic top with pockets, black & plum. Free shipping. I've held back on winter clothes, but this looks good for my upcoming more casual lifestyle. Oh, and need to buy dishwasher today. It gave up on us yesterday. I saw it coming. Hope we can find a deal.  

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau