Honored Contributor

Black Friday or Cyber Monday?

Which day do you online shop? Is Cyber Monday best for online sales? Thank you!  Smiley Happy

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Honored Contributor

Re: Black Friday or Cyber Monday?

I have found Cyber Monday to be better. I am seeing more and more vendors offering their Black Friday online deals and stating "through...whatever date Monday is" more and more. Smart idea because now you know that you're not going to pay more or less come Monday. 

Still, the vendors I tend to frequent, often a better online deal on Cyber Monday. I have a few things in my cart now on different sites but will wait till Monday to purchase.

Respected Contributor

@CherryHugs wrote:

Which day do you online shop? Is Cyber Monday best for online sales? Thank you!  Smiley Happy

I don't care for online shopping. I prefer to go out to the stores.  Went out yesterday.  I like to look things over and try things on and know they are ok and won't have to bother of sending things back.

Respected Contributor

I prefer Cyber Monday. I usually buy things I use regularly so I don’t have to return anything.

Valued Contributor

@CherryHugs, Last night on the news (sorry, I watch a few different ones, so I don't remember which station),an "expert" stated that Black Friday was the better day for older model TVs & electronics and the deals are better on Cyber Monday for newer models of both. I did buy a Kindle Paperwhite (Generation 7) for $79 at Amazon. Regular price is $119. I've had my Generation 5 Paperwhite for 5+ years, but figured when it's day comes to call it quits I have the backup ready!
Respected Contributor

The only purchase I've made today is from Brooks Brothers. Past history tells me that the price won't get any lower on their ladies no iron fitted cotton shirts and they had what I wanted available so I ordered it. Land's End is offering 50% off full priced items and LL Bean has 20% off, but I think they'll do better as the season goes on. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Honored Contributor

I think that the two sales days have sort of merged, at least the sites I buy from regularly. Their sales started as early as Wednedsay and go on through Monday or later.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Honestly, I don't think that way.  I did some online shopping early yesterday morning.  The reality is that there were great buys online all last week and there are great buys online starting yesterday and through all of next week.  Waiting until Cyber Monday can present problems because so many shoppers are on websites that systems go down a lot.  That happened to me last year, I was buying a bedroom tv at some amazing price and the sale never went through, I never got the confirmation and it was bleeping headache.  I had to call customer service and talk to three separate people and one of them told me, the sale went through but their system couldn't handle all the online transactions along with all the in store transactions.  They system also couldn't arrange the delivery part.  I took her suggestion, to ensure that I got my tv.  She cancelled my online order, she reserved one of the tv's at the store nearest me and hubby went in and picked up the tv.  

Honored Contributor

90% of my shopping was today.  It will continue thrugh Monday.  I won't step foot in any store this  weekend

Contributor

I at least online window shop because, like others stated, the deals begin as early as Wednesday on many sites.   There are often offers/deals that are saved for Cyber Monday so I sometimes have found things on Monday that I prefer over what I saw on Friday.