Respected Contributor

Re: Bitter disappointment today

That is very disappointing- I am so sorry. I hope you feel well soon. ❤️

Respected Contributor

@fairydogmother  So sorry to hear that you are sick and unable to go on the cruise with your daughter. I wish you well and a good recovery.

Trusted Contributor

@fairydogmother  OH, that is SO unfair!!  Hopefully you will be able to get together again soon and enjoy the time/trip that this was supposed to offer. Smiley Sad

This is playing out right now at my In-Laws in MD. They are in their 80's, have had every vaccine and booster you can get. 8 family members from England (all vaccinated and boosters) arrived as did my 2 youngest sons (not vaccinated) at their home for a long anticipated reunion. 

My in-laws went to Boston the weekend before everyone arrived for a 4 day vacation at a private home. When they returned, mom started to feel ill. "Just a summer cold" she said. No, she did not test herself for covid. 2 days later, everyone arrived. That was 10 days ago. EVERYONE now has covid. My 2 are in the basement of their home (finished with bedrooms) and are miserable. Whatever version of Covid this is, it's a NASTY one. All the trips, all the plans that everyone made have had to be cancelled. Let's just say everyone is kinda ticked off at mom for not testing herself. The thing is, she believed (like many) that she couldn't get covid because of all the shots they've had (and wearing masks and social distancing). NOT TRUE. 

I feel for all who made plans and then have come down sick with this horrible virus only to have their plans ruined.. We're all freaking tired of it but it's here to stay. Hate it. 

"Coming to ya from Florida"
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

My husband's cousin just died from this "cold".  She was fully vaccinated and boosted. 

Just a cold?????  Ask her husband and children if they agree!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

That is too bad. Getting sick just before your vacation when you haven't been sick before is terrible. it almost seems like an omen that you shouldn't go. I would have taken the refund offered, but that is just me.  Others feel differently about it. 

"Not sorry" if someone was offended by what the poster said.  I think that's what she meant.

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Respected Contributor

@fairydogmother I am so sorry for your big disappointment. It seems that gosh darn covid bug is sticking around regardless if we are all vaxed.atleast your daughter has a friend to go with.take a nice bath or shower,put on your comfy jamies,and have a soothing cup of tea.everyday will get better I promise.

Respected Contributor

@fairydogmother I'm so sorry...both that you are missing your time with DD, and that you are so sick! Hopefully you can plan another time in the not too distant future.

I had Covid just about this time last year...a few months after getting my 2nd vax shot. No idea where I picked it up, and DH never got it. My symptoms were fairly mild, but it's no fun for sure. I think all we can do is take basic precautions and hope for the best!

Hope you feel better soon!

Respected Contributor

@elated wrote:

@fairydogmotherI am sorry about your trip. I would contact my doctor and let them know. They can prescribe a medication that will help you recover faster. Take care.

I did that. The medical asst said they don't prescribe anything for Covid. 

Harmonize the World
Honored Contributor

@fairydogmother, I feel so bad for you, I can only imagine how you were looking forward to this cruise with DD. No one should be taking the virus lightly. 

I sincerely hope that you and DD can get together or plan another trip in the future, none of us are getting any younger. Please take good care of yourself.

Valued Contributor

The variant ciculating now is extremely contagious and is at high levels nationwide.  The vaccines were developed long before this variant existed.  They do not prevent you from getting the virus, just like the flu, shingles and other vaccines. They do help to prevent serious disease.  The new vaccines will be formulated to address the newer variants.