Honored Contributor

Re: Birthday Gifts for grown children

@NicksmomESQ

I do a lot of "just because" gifts too for the people I love.  Sometimes, I see something that isn't right for me but it's perfect for someone else.

Esteemed Contributor

@grandma petes  Money is always the right color and always fits.

Looks like you have it down ! Heart

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Honored Contributor

One of my daughters’ 43rd bday was 4 days ago. Because she wants and needs absolutely nothing, I now just send her flowers. She lives not too far away and I invited her to lunch, but she is way too busy. Very much into the social scene.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I make bags for my other daughters. They are all into thrifting and they each love vintage things...so I fill a bag for each of them with things I know they will like....when I can find them...that’s what they love! The youngest loves any 50s-60’s Pyrex....the middle collects vintage 40’s men’s hats and cake pedestals.

Super Contributor

so sorry

Honored Contributor

@misspammie wrote:

so sorry

What are you sorry about, @misspammie?

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
New Contributor

@grandma petes wrote:

My amazing son turns 43 next week. It was always so easy to buy for him when he was little, but now it’s harder to buy for him. He is an electronics geek, so he buys what he needs or wants in that department. I gave up trying to buy him clothes years ago.😉

So now, I buy him gift cards to his favorite places to eat, grocery gift cards and gas gift cards. Then I make up a big care package filled with homemade cookies and banana bread, some of his favorite candy, some munchies and I even throw in some of his favorite packaged PHO soup. Since it’s cold season, I also put in some cough drops and nighttime cold medicine. He really loves getting the care packages.

Anyway....just thought it might spark some ideas for others.😊😊

Great ideas! Thanks!

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@grandma petes wrote:

My amazing son turns 43 next week. It was always so easy to buy for him when he was little, but now it’s harder to buy for him. He is an electronics geek, so he buys what he needs or wants in that department. I gave up trying to buy him clothes years ago.😉

So now, I buy him gift cards to his favorite places to eat, grocery gift cards and gas gift cards. Then I make up a big care package filled with homemade cookies and banana bread, some of his favorite candy, some munchies and I even throw in some of his favorite packaged PHO soup. Since it’s cold season, I also put in some cough drops and nighttime cold medicine. He really loves getting the care packages.

Anyway....just thought it might spark some ideas for others.😊😊

Hi @grandma petes! Ding ding ding you are the winner! Your ideas are perfect. I'd be thrilled if you were my mom Heart Heart

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett