Trusted Contributor

@phoenixbrd wrote:

@Desertdi   I agree, receiving/giving gifts of food is tricky.  

@Desertdi wrote:

I'd probably have to re-gift it.    The only "sweet" I nibble on would be Halo Top low sugar ice cream.....

Not tricky at all if you really know the person.  I have been both on the giving and receiving end of them and have loved both processes.  The ones, I received the people totally knew and understood me.   

When giving one, I pay particular attention to a persons likes and dislikes.  They are fun.

Esteemed Contributor

What a special and thoughtful gift. I have gifted baskets to people but never received one. By the way @Goodie2shoes  we share the same birthday. Happy Belated Birthday. 🧺 of ❤️🎉🍾❤️

Esteemed Contributor

I have done a gift basket for a baby shower too.  I have received fruit baskets over the years for Thanksgiving or Christmas, but not a personalized one.

@Mominohio I love the idea of the cozy winter theme!

Respected Contributor

@godi  wrote: What a special and thoughtful gift. I have gifted baskets to people but never received one. By the way @Goodie2shoes  we share the same birthday. Happy Belated Birthday. 🧺 of ❤️🎉🍾❤️

Thanks and Happy Belated Birthday to you as well !!!

Honored Contributor

Happy Birthday.   I have given and received these type baskets.  I gave gift basket to my son and dil one year for "game night."  It was filled with UNO and Skipbo then three different types of each of their favorite salty and sweet snacks.  Since it was winter time I also put in gourmet cocoa mix.

My favorite birthday gift box to receive was several hard copy books and a couch throw to curl up with while reading.  Snacks were included too.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

My ex,----when he wasn't an ex and decent--- won a huge basket filled with products from Scottish Fine Soaps around Xmas time one year----had body lotions  and hand lotions and hand wash and body milk and huge bars of soap--was made from cows milk. I still have a few soaps as they are  enormous and have found that TJ Maxx carries the brand. 

Trusted Contributor

I have given many gift baskets over the years and also have been asked to make them for silent auction fundraisers and raffles. I have received a few as birthday gifts and even though I may not have liked the potpourri, I certainly appreciated the time and thoughtfulness from the giver. Potpourri is the only scented-type thing I always avoid putting in a basket for anyone. I sometimes collect things all year when I see them and then decide the theme of the basket based on what I have. My most requested basket for fundraisers is a spa basket and a movie night basket.