Respected Contributor

Bird Nest in August - very cozy

Can you believe it is August already? July really flew by. Have some ice tea and lemonade for those stopping by - we will need it this month for sure. Guess I should also stock up on ice cubes. LOL.

Past few days was horrible - the air was terrible with a lot of humidity. Flash Floods were predicted in our area and storms but both missed us. Night before last nearing dark everything outside was colored with an orange hue - thought sure something was headed our way but it passed us by.

One of my fruitless Mulberry trees is continuing to have its leaves curl up and some are turning yellow and falling. The man at the nusery said it is starved for fertilizer and water - really did not think so but did as he said - have applied fertilizer every week for 3 weeks. It does not appear to be helping and I cannot figure out what is going on. The other three much older similar trees in my back yard are doing just fine. Something is obviously wrong with this tree so at this point will just say a prayer it will turn around and regain its health. So strange.

Birds are spending way too much time on the ground and I am guessing they are looking for food. They emptied the feeders quickly the other day but when those small birds strut their stuff my big Tom Cat nabs one every now and then. He knows better and I continue to remind him his job is the gophers, NOT the critters with feathers. By the way he is NOT doing his job with the gophers and he use to be a great hunter. The other day, he obviously heard one tunneling underneath in the back yard. He dogged that critter until it popped up and it just looked at Stripes (my cat). The gopher stayed above ground looking around for some time and when it zipped back down, THEN Stripes attempted to nab it. He has obviously lost his touch as he knows to nail those things when they are still looking around above ground. {#emotions_dlg.sad} Needless to say gophers are continuing to drive me insane primarily in the back yard right now and they have sure made a mess out of that yard.

Hope all have a great day and welcome to August. Mousiegirl you and your DH are really busy with all that chopping. Where on earth do you find the energy?