Honored Contributor

Re: Binx the Cat Survived Champlain Towers Collapse

There are a whole slew of pictures of Binx on twitter.  Here's a better picture of his face.

Esteemed Contributor

When I saw this on the news I was so happy.  Cats are such amazing creatures and survivors.   They are absolutely amazing in their ability to survive.   Great story.   Go Binx!!!

Honored Contributor

Binx is a ray of light and hope in the midst of such horrible tragedy.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Esteemed Contributor

I believe one of the family members is missing. I’m glad Binx survived and a beauty he is. It gives a ray of hope to those who are still waiting.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Teddixat wrote:

When I saw this on the news I was so happy.  Cats are such amazing creatures and survivors.   They are absolutely amazing in their ability to survive.   Great story.   Go Binx!!!

@Teddixat 

When I first heard about this I could only imagine the trauma for a cat that was safe, secure and had plenty of love.  His world literally collapsed under him.   

Thankfully, most cats land on their feet after falls,  but then their primal instincts take over.  He probably just ran for his life!

He was so lucky to get out alive ... who else could survive falling from the 9th floor?  Yikes!

Honored Contributor

I just came on here to find this amazing story. And I'm crying tears of joy - and sorrow for this family. DH has always said cats have survival instincts that are sometimes unbelievable. 

My prayers are with all of the families affected by this and the pets who didn't make it out. And my hope is the rescuers will find miracles. 

Respected Contributor

"God bless little Binx"

Esteemed Contributor

Such good news! And for anyone not familiar with the movie "Hocus Pocus," Binx was the cat who was actually a boy (Thackery Binx).  Looking at this lucky kitty, he sure does look like the cat in the movie.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

@Stray wrote:
I believe one of the family members is missing. I’m glad Binx survived and a beauty he is. It gives a ray of hope to those who are still waiting.

The one missing is the Dad.  

Honored Contributor

@Marp  Thanks for posting this. Truely a bright spot in my morning. A sign of life is always significant.