Respected Contributor

Bindi Irwin Gets Married

[ Edited ]

Television personality and wildlife conservationist, Bindi Irwin has shared the first official photo from her wedding to long-term love, wakeboarder, Chandler Powell on Instagram on Wednesday.

The 21-year-old daughter of the late widlife expert, Steve Irwin, and her husband, 23, revealed how they made the difficult decision to have no guests present at the nuptials held at Australia Zoo, to 'keep everyone safe', amid the coronavirus pandemic.

The decision came just hours after Prime Minister Scott Morrison enforced new restrictions on weddings, with only five people allowed to attend; the couple, the celebrant and witnesses totaling a maximum of five people.

Bindi's brother Robert, 16, did attend the ceremony and walked her down the aisle.

The bride lit a candle alongside Chandler in her late father Steve Irwin's memory, who was killed by a stingray in a freak accident in September 2006.

She donned a gown by Sareh Nouri that featured lace-detailed long sleeves, a v-neckline and a full tulle skirt.

Hailing from the bridal label's Fall 2019 collection, the dress is nearly identical to her mom's wedding dress when she married Steve Irwin.

'It's important to keep everyone safe': Bindi Irwin, 21, shared the first photo from her wedding to Chandler Powell, 23, on Instagram on Wednesday as they revealed they had no guests at the wedding amid the coronavirus pandemic

Honored Contributor

Re: Bindi Irwin Gets Married

Really like the dress. Would love to see her face too.

Honored Contributor

Oh my they are young! Beautiful dress and I love her headband, or whatever it is. Best wishes to the couple.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

They really seem like a great couple.  I've seen him on her family's tv show a few times (hope the show comes back!).   

I just adore Bindi.  She reminds me so much of myself with her beautifully pure love of animals.

Both kids have grown up to be wonderful citizens of the world.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Bindi's dress does look similar to her mother's.

Steve and Terri Irwin's wedding June 1992.

Image result for steve and terri erwin wedding

Honored Contributor

I wish her the best and much happiness!!!.....And greatly appreciate the Irwin family's love of animals....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

I wish them both much happiness. I feel terrible for brides and grooms that were planning the wedding of their dreams for a year or more, and now not being able to have it. I live in NYC, you can't even have a funeral unless it's a grave side funeral with a really limited number of people.