Honored Contributor

Billy grahams casket

[ Edited ]

His and his wifes casket was made by inmates, simply wooden casket,with cross on them.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@goldensrbestwrote:

His and his wives casket was made by inmates, simply wooden casket with a cross on it.

Billy only had one wife.

You're right, though, about about the construction.  

Honored Contributor

And my husband told me Ruth Graham's (Billy Graham's wife) epitaph reads "End of construction. Thank you for your patience."

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinchwrote:

@goldensrbestwrote:

His and his wives casket was made by inmates, simply wooden casket with a cross on it.

Billy only had one wife.

You're right, though, about about the construction.  

Nice to correct me.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/living/religion/article202833794.html

Interesting article.  May he rest in peace.

......You look like I need a drink.....
Esteemed Contributor

@CAcableGirl2, thank you for the link.  I found the article very interesting.  

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

Thank you for this information.

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest- I wondered about that, when I saw his casket lying in the Rotunda.  He was a good man.  Thank you for this information.

Honored Contributor

I'd hear this on the news this week, but this was the first look I got at the actual casket up close. It is beautiful. 

There needs to be so much more in prisons for inmates to do. We live near an area that used to have a complete farm to support the prisoners. They worked the crops, tended the animals and used the food at the prison. That is all gone now, but the  prison remains.

When people are busy, productive, and contributing to either their own life or that of others, they have much less time to be in trouble. 

Respected Contributor

@Mominohiowrote:

I'd hear this on the news this week, but this was the first look I got at the actual casket up close. It is beautiful. 

There needs to be so much more in prisons for inmates to do. We live near an area that used to have a complete farm to support the prisoners. They worked the crops, tended the animals and used the food at the prison. That is all gone now, but the  prison remains.

When people are busy, productive, and contributing to either their own life or that of others, they have much less time to be in trouble. 

@Mominohio There is a Maine State Prison store in Thomaston, Maine that we have visited many times.  The prisoners make all of the items in the store and work in the store  under the supervision of the guards.  Some of the pieces are works of art because the workmanship is so beautiful.  They sell furniture, toys, kitchen items, decor, etc.

I always buy something.  Well worth a visit if you are in the area.