Honored Contributor

To add a somewhat sardonic note to my first post, for the love of all that is holy, I hope Bill does not choose a tarty-looking woman as his next significant other.  It would be a deep disappointment if he did (at least for me). 

This is just something I feel.

Esteemed Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

My daughter just told me about this before I saw it here.

I've always felt like she was too much woman for him.

Don't want to go into it, just that she was very accomplished in her own right.

I think I know what you might be getting at @Annabellethecat66 .  Some men get nervous about their spouse's accomplishments.  Though it would be hard to say if this was their case.  She is in charge of the largest philanthropic organization in the world.  At least, according to Forbes.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Honored Contributor

Hummmm......just reading between the lines here and there.

I think she's a lot smarter than he is.  Think about it. 

Esteemed Contributor

While we never know what goes on in a marriage, this is one that I expected to last forever.  

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Respected Contributor

I must be weird because I never think about other couples and how long their marriage will last.  

Trusted Contributor

I've now read in two places they did NOT have a pre-nup.  I find that interesting.

How old is the youngest? Based on my own life experiences, I would not be surprised if the youngest has now either turned 18 or graduated from high school. 

Beyond that, it's just another divorce to add to the numbers for this year.

"Coming to ya from Florida"
Super Contributor

I agree with lovemygrands. Why announce it? Why would those who aren't in their inner circle need to know, millions of us aren't. 

There is such a thing as privacy, we don't need to know. Ask the Markle's, they know.

Honored Contributor

"...the couple’s three children. She has a brother, Rory, 22, and 19-year-old sister Phoebe."

Bingo, FiddleDeeDee.  

Respected Contributor

Don't know why I'd care, but I feel a little disappointed in their split. I thought they were a devoted, hard working couple. A wealthy couple who were an exception to the (common uncoupling) rule. 

But, nothing is what it seems.  I do feel that they will not have a nasty divorce.  I bet they will do right by each other, prenuptial, or not. Just a feeling, but also I don't know how they could continue to work together under unpleasant circumstances.

Honored Contributor

Some of the posts here are much more entertaining than the news itself.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland