Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@rms1954 wrote:

Who cares.  No need to announce their personal business publicly unless they assume it would have some sort of impact on the public's life

@rms1954, better that they put out a statement than remain silent and leave it to the vultures. In fact, I think it would very strange for them not to make such an announcement.

Better to be open about it. If they weren't, they'd be accused of hiding it.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Esteemed Contributor

I was very surprised. I thought they made a good couple. I wonder if one of them got the "itch". Who knows.
  They are great philanthropists. I wish them well.

Honored Contributor

That is sad.

Goes to show you that even having BILLIONS in the bank...no bills..no money worries...buy everything you want..have the best... 

you still can have an imperfect life and not have happiness. 

Esteemed Contributor

I'm not that surprised, as divorces among famous people seem quite common. They probably grew apart after so many years. Maybe the marriage was never that good to begin with; although I have no idea, I can only speculate. I would think that they have a pre nup. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

I admire them for keeping their children out of the public eye the whole time they were growing up.

I don't know much about this couple, but I imagine it will be a simple, amicable divorce. And it will be kept out of the public eye. 

Frequent Contributor

I laughed when I saw the deadline because really, who cares?  i don't like either of them.  When I told my husband just now, his first response was "I'm sure he's looking for an upgrade".  LOL.  

Honored Contributor

@teganslaw wrote:

I'm not that surprised, as divorces among famous people seem quite common. They probably grew apart after so many years. Maybe the marriage was never that good to begin with; although I have no idea, I can only speculate. I would think that they have a pre nup. 

She had her own money going into the marriage.  She was very wealthy 

Honored Contributor

I have to laugh at all the "reasons" people think may be the cause of the divorce.

No one knows except the 2 people involved. Outsiders can speculate until the cows come home. I personally don't really care.

Esteemed Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@teganslaw wrote:

She had her own money going into the marriage.  She was very wealthy 

@SeaMaidenTo my point of "wealth building."  Further to my point of marrying the right person when you are rich!  Rare is the ocassion a rich man takes a low paying middle class woman as wife.  They marry for money!  This is not to say they didn't love or care for one another.  I'm sure they did.  Fact is, wealthy people don't marry for the same reasons people on message boards do.  No harm intended in that.  It's just how they roll.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Respected Contributor

Wealthy people have no reason to stay in a marriage if they are unhappy. 

And who will get the Mercer Island property? Plenty of $ to buy another or 3