Respected Contributor

Re: Bill and Giuliana Rancic surrogate has miscarriage

On 6/2/2014 PinkSugar said:
On 6/2/2014 PurpleBunny said:
On 6/2/2014 terrier3 said:
On 6/2/2014 brii said:

I don't think they should be criticized for wanting a biological baby... that's unfair.

ITA. Why shouldn't they have a biological child if it's possible? It's hypocritical for others with bio children to insist THEY should adopt.

Because it is unnatural...as a Catholic I know it is immoral...and it's selfish, IMO.

Wow

Selfish because it's not what you would do, and by the way I believe Giulianna is Catholic. I have two nephews conceived by in-vitro and a third in the works. I don't believe it's selfish to want your biological children.

No more "selfish" than anyone else wanting to have a bio child.
( \_/ )
(='x'=)
( " )_( " )
Honored Contributor

It's unnatural? A lot of things are unnatural. God will be the judge...
Respected Contributor

Well, the Catholic church also says s*x is for procreation only. It is first and primary reason for marriage and s*x.

Yet, I'm positive the majority of married Catholic couples don't believe that, nor restrict their intimacy for procreation only.

I find the whole thing amusing in a ridiculous sort of way. Celibate men telling married couples how to live their private lives.

Not in a million years do I believe "God" has anything to do with those rules. But, then again, I don't believe anyone or anything speaks for God.

"The truth is like a lion. You don't have to defend it. Let it loose. It will defend itself."
- Augustine

Be Vigilent
Honored Contributor

On 6/2/2014 terrier3 said:
On 6/2/2014 brii said:

I don't think they should be criticized for wanting a biological baby... that's unfair.

ITA. Why shouldn't they have a biological child if it's possible? It's hypocritical for others with bio children to insist THEY should adopt.

Because it is unnatural...as a Catholic I know it is immoral...and it's selfish, IMO.

Wow

wow is right...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Respected Contributor

On 6/2/2014 LipstickDiva said:

Guiliana and Bill had a gestational carrier, not a surrogate, although the media keeps interchanging the terms.

I see nothing wrong with someone wanting their own biological child. And if that's what they want, it's their business. I see nothing wrong with it and I see nothing icky about the situation and quite honestly, I don't give a rip what the Catholic church thinks about it and I'm Catholic.

I am very curious about your stance here, given your sig. I'm not trying to challenge you. I just find it interesting that you are such an advocate of animal adoption but you don't see the parallel with human baby adoption. Can you clarify? Thanks in advance Smiley Happy
Trusted Contributor

On 6/2/2014 missyw1 said:
On 6/2/2014 happy housewife said:

Every child i know who is an only child says that it is the very best all around. They should be happy with the child they have. some of us could not even have one.

ITA. Have a only here. So blessed.

I’m an only and when I see what some go through with their siblings, I’m very thankful I’m an only!!!!

Regular Contributor

Adoption is not for everyone. It such a personal decision - who is to say what someone should or should not do. For us it was never an issue - we knew adoption was in our plan even if we had bio children. I'm sorry for their loss and if a larger family is their dream, I hope it comes true.

Betty

Regular Contributor

From the United States Conference of Catholic Bishop website:

"Marital sexuality achieves two purposes. The Church affirms, first, its role in creating new human life, sometimes called the procreative dimension of sexuality. In giving birth to children and educating them, the couple cooperates with the Creator’s love.

Second, sexual union expresses and deepens the love between husband and wife. This is called the unitive, or relational, aspect of sexuality."

Betty

Honored Contributor

On 6/2/2014 Lion said:

I'm surprised that some don't know the difference between surrogates and gestational carriers. It's not something new.

Even 'Friends' covered that when Phoebe wanted to carry the child of her brother & his older wife: Phoebe responds: "It's her egg and his sperm, and I'm, I'm just the oven, it's TOTALLY their bun."

Honored Contributor

On 6/2/2014 Lion said:

Well, the Catholic church also says s*x is for procreation only. It is first and primary reason for marriage and s*x.

Yet, I'm positive the majority of married Catholic couples don't believe that, nor restrict their intimacy for procreation only.

I find the whole thing amusing in a ridiculous sort of way. Celibate men telling married couples how to live their private lives.

Not in a million years do I believe "God" has anything to do with those rules. But, then again, I don't believe anyone or anything speaks for God.

ITA