Reply
Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,482
Registered: ‎04-17-2010

Re: Bill and Giuliana Rancic surrogate has miscarriage

On 6/2/2014 missyw1 said:
On 6/2/2014 abbeythe8th said:
On 6/2/2014 faeriemoon said:

I really don't know much about either one of them, but I recall seeing Giulianna on the View when they were trying to conceive saying the doctors told her it would be helpful if she gained 5 lbs. She was unwilling to do this because of her career. This spoke volumes to me.

I saw her on a talk show and she said the doctor told her to gain 10 pounds. She was hesitant because she was in a business that was all about how you look.

Whether or not they want 1 baby or 5 babies is not my business. It is also none of my business how the baby is conceived or who carries it.

I've read that the husband has a girlfriend that is NOT hidden away.

I have never heard about the girlfriend..Maybe they have an open marriage. He is cute.

Why did you change your post? First you said you'd heard there was a mistress.

Respected Contributor
Posts: 4,997
Registered: ‎03-12-2010

Re: Bill and Giuliana Rancic surrogate has miscarriage

On 6/2/2014 faeriemoon said:
On 6/2/2014 abbeythe8th said:
On 6/2/2014 faeriemoon said:

I really don't know much about either one of them, but I recall seeing Giulianna on the View when they were trying to conceive saying the doctors told her it would be helpful if she gained 5 lbs. She was unwilling to do this because of her career. This spoke volumes to me.

I saw her on a talk show and she said the doctor told her to gain 10 pounds. She was hesitant because she was in a business that was all about how you look.

Whether or not they want 1 baby or 5 babies is not my business. It is also none of my business how the baby is conceived or who carries it.

I've read that the husband has a girlfriend that is NOT hidden away.

You may be right about the weight; I don't really remember.{#emotions_dlg.blush}

I remember that clearly. She cannot deal with gaining weight, even to be able to become pregnant. She looks like a skeleton with a head. It made her crazy to try to gain weight.

It probably turned out for the better, as it all led to her breast cancer diagnosis. The infertility specialist required mammograms prior to doing any procedures. They discovered her tumor and made the decision for her not to try to get pregnant.

Hyacinth

Honored Contributor
Posts: 8,179
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: Bill and Giuliana Rancic surrogate has miscarriage

On 6/2/2014 abbeythe8th said:
On 6/2/2014 missyw1 said:
On 6/2/2014 abbeythe8th said:
On 6/2/2014 faeriemoon said:

I really don't know much about either one of them, but I recall seeing Giulianna on the View when they were trying to conceive saying the doctors told her it would be helpful if she gained 5 lbs. She was unwilling to do this because of her career. This spoke volumes to me.

I saw her on a talk show and she said the doctor told her to gain 10 pounds. She was hesitant because she was in a business that was all about how you look.

Whether or not they want 1 baby or 5 babies is not my business. It is also none of my business how the baby is conceived or who carries it.

I've read that the husband has a girlfriend that is NOT hidden away.

I have never heard about the girlfriend..Maybe they have an open marriage. He is cute.

Why did you change your post? First you said you'd heard there was a mistress.

I didn't know which word to use. I also left off the word "NEVER" the first time around, typo...If it is not a secret, than not a mistress. I don't follow the couple much, so I hadn't heard this.
Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,010
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Bill and Giuliana Rancic surrogate has miscarriage

I'm surprised that some don't know the difference between surrogates and gestational carriers. It's not something new.

**********
"The truth is like a lion. You don't have to defend it. Let it loose. It will defend itself."
- Augustine

Be Vigilent
Super Contributor
Posts: 1,771
Registered: ‎01-09-2014

Re: Bill and Giuliana Rancic surrogate has miscarriage

On 6/2/2014 happy housewife said:
On 6/2/2014 Evansmom said:
On 6/2/2014 terrier3 said:

I have misgivings about the whole surrogate/in vitro procedures.

There are many babies already here who need good homes.

Those embryos they have frozen are lives waiting to be born but may never be implanted. I think many people who believe life begins at creation do not realize that lives are sitting in a freezer all because some parents desperately want to have their own children rather than adopt. They fertilize numerous eggs (creating lives) never to be born. You play with nature you get burned.

After they decide they have enough children then what happens to the remaining embryos? Are they just disposed of? That would be the same (IMO) as getting an abortion - maybe 2 or 3 or 4 depending on how many they have to dispose of.

Good question! Guiliana is Italian and probably Catholic to boot.

Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,391
Registered: ‎09-30-2012

Re: Bill and Giuliana Rancic surrogate has miscarriage

On 6/2/2014 Preds said:
On 6/2/2014 happy housewife said:

Every child i know who is an only child says that it is the very best all around. They should be happy with the child they have. some of us could not even have one.

I'm an only and wanted siblings. My mother tried several times, but couldn't carry. She wanted a large family.

My DD is an only and wishes she had siblings, but there were none. Some onlies are happy and some wish things could be different. Some with sibs wish they had been an only.

The part I bolded is not always true for every "only" child. It depends on the situation.

Preds, we share the "only" in common. My mother couldn't have children, so I am adopted and was delivered to them at 4 days old on my dad's birthday. I always wanted a sister or brother but it never happened.

When I had my first son, we decided to try for one more as my thought growing up was being an "only child" could sometimes mean a "lonely child". Whenever we went on vacation, it was kind of boring because there wasn't any other kids to play with. Eventually, after meeting a good friend in grade school, my parents said she could go along on the vacation which was very nice for me.

I guess each of us is individual, but for me, I always wanted a sibling.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 14,767
Registered: ‎09-08-2010

Re: Bill and Giuliana Rancic surrogate has miscarriage

I read about this online last night. I find her to be strange even though I am sorry for their loss. If I were them I'd certainly go for adoption but I'm not them lol.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 26,549
Registered: ‎12-17-2012

Re: Bill and Giuliana Rancic surrogate has miscarriage

On 6/2/2014 HisElk said:
On 6/2/2014 Preds said:
On 6/2/2014 happy housewife said:

Every child i know who is an only child says that it is the very best all around. They should be happy with the child they have. some of us could not even have one.

I'm an only and wanted siblings. My mother tried several times, but couldn't carry. She wanted a large family.

My DD is an only and wishes she had siblings, but there were none. Some onlies are happy and some wish things could be different. Some with sibs wish they had been an only.

The part I bolded is not always true for every "only" child. It depends on the situation.

Preds, we share the "only" in common. My mother couldn't have children, so I am adopted and was delivered to them at 4 days old on my dad's birthday. I always wanted a sister or brother but it never happened.

When I had my first son, we decided to try for one more as my thought growing up was being an "only child" could sometimes mean a "lonely child". Whenever we went on vacation, it was kind of boring because there wasn't any other kids to play with. Eventually, after meeting a good friend in grade school, my parents said she could go along on the vacation which was very nice for me.

I guess each of us is individual, but for me, I always wanted a sibling.

I was a "miracle child" that should not have made it. Well, I'm still that hard headed one that did. Yes, we were lonely and grew up being around adults instead of kids. My DD made a lot of friends and they were always welcome in our home. I think we had sleepovers every weekend with her girls. I am proud to say that she is still close to all the girls to this day. They went to different schools, colleges, careers, but they have all kept in touch and get together whenever they can. We all adjust and work with what we are given. No regrets, always wanting, but good lives. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Super Contributor
Posts: 1,456
Registered: ‎11-04-2013

Re: Bill and Giuliana Rancic surrogate has miscarriage

I am very sorry for their loss. I hope they are able to have another child if that is what they want. They seem like very nice people.....

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 6,680
Registered: ‎03-13-2010

Re: Bill and Giuliana Rancic surrogate has miscarriage

On 6/2/2014 PurpleBunny said:
On 6/2/2014 terrier3 said:
On 6/2/2014 PurpleBunny said:
On 6/2/2014 brii said:

I don't think they should be criticized for wanting a biological baby... that's unfair.

ITA. Why shouldn't they have a biological child if it's possible? It's hypocritical for others with bio children to insist THEY should adopt.

Because it is unnatural...as a Catholic I know it is immoral...and it's selfish, IMO.

Wow

Selfish because it's not what you would do, and by the way I believe Giulianna is Catholic. I have two nephews conceived by in-vitro and a third in the works. I don't believe it's selfish to want your biological children.