Honored Contributor

Re: Bill Maher last night

[ Edited ]

@RetRN wrote:

LilacTree, nice to see you here. Happy Valentine's Day.

Back to you RetRN!

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

@terrier3 wrote:

You know that I love you, Lilac, but I disagree with you on this.

Anna knew what she was getting into when she went on the show. She got in her own digs too. The guy she supports not only smoked weed at boarding school - he was a hash dealer too - and doesn't deny any of it either.

And what Bill did was OK with me. It was theater - TV style. For all we know it could have been oregano.

I don't smoke ANYTHING - but I agree that it's less dangerous than alcohol (which I do very little of too).

Hi terrier3.  I love you too, but this shocked me because I never saw him do it before and I have watched many of his shows.  The fact that three of them then lit up made me angry.

You're right about Anna too.  She is tough and I like her despite not liking her politics.  She's intelligent and knows her stuff.

I have a hippie brother who spouts off about pot all the time and has used it all of his life.  As far as he is concerned, it can cure cancer.  All he has wound up with is a fried brain and partial blindness from macular degeneration.

So I guess I take it personally as to how beneficial it is.  The bad ingredients are taken out of medical marijuana, I understand.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

@Q2girl wrote:

How would he feel about pot, if his child used it and then went on to Meth and had to go to a rehab program and almost lost her life in a car wreck?  That happened to my child.  I can't watch him and never will.  He's an idiot. And don't tell me that Pot isn't a gateway drug. 

I'm so sorry, Q2girl.  How tragic for her, you and your family.  I hope she is doing better now.  And I agree with you about pot (I hate all meds actually, they are all toxic, IMO).  Plus the pot they have now is far more potent than it was in the 60s.

Formerly Ford1224
Respected Contributor

Medical marijuana is legal in CA and has been since the Compassionate Use Act passed 20 years ago. It's only been recently that Medical Marijuana Collectives have been legally permitted. Dispensaries selling marijuana without the proper permits are doing so illegally and I anticipate all will be shut down soon.

I am not against MMJ. But I do not like people smoking anything, and that includes vaping, in public places.

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Esteemed Contributor

I have never liked Bill M., so this doesn't surprise me!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LilacTree wrote:

@terrier3 wrote:

You know that I love you, Lilac, but I disagree with you on this.

Anna knew what she was getting into when she went on the show. She got in her own digs too. The guy she supports not only smoked weed at boarding school - he was a hash dealer too - and doesn't deny any of it either.

And what Bill did was OK with me. It was theater - TV style. For all we know it could have been oregano.

I don't smoke ANYTHING - but I agree that it's less dangerous than alcohol (which I do very little of too).

Hi terrier3.  I love you too, but this shocked me because I never saw him do it before and I have watched many of his shows.  The fact that three of them then lit up made me angry.

You're right about Anna too.  She is tough and I like her despite not liking her politics.  She's intelligent and knows her stuff.

I have a hippie brother who spouts off about pot all the time and has used it all of his life.  As far as he is concerned, it can cure cancer.  All he has wound up with is a fried brain and partial blindness from macular degeneration.

So I guess I take it personally as to how beneficial it is.  The bad ingredients are taken out of medical marijuana, I understand.

The man Anna supported smoked a ton himself - and sold hash too - and hasn't hid the fact at all. His famous brother also admitted to abusing stuff...the the #1 most powerful man in the world did the same when he was young.

They did just fine in life.

Not everyone is affected the same way by mood altering substances.

My 76 year old mother smoked it herself was she was dying. It helped her appetite. She was upper middle class and never broke the law - she never even got a parking ticket. Pot calmed her MUCH better than the oxydontin she was given at the end. - that made her violent and abusive...pot calmed her down and mellowed her out.

I'm sorry you had a bad experience in your family - but it was a great help for my mom.

Esteemed Contributor

@Q2girl wrote:

How would he feel about pot, if his child used it and then went on to Meth and had to go to a rehab program and almost lost her life in a car wreck?  That happened to my child.  I can't watch him and never will.  He's an idiot. And don't tell me that Pot isn't a gateway drug. 

Alcohol is the biggest gateway drug there is. That isn't opinion, but fact. Do you want that to be illegal?

I can understand how you feel and have sympathy for you but do we make alcohol illegal because of those who misuse it? 

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Honored Contributor

@silkyk wrote:

LOL! I thought you were going to mention that he was a guest star on an old Murder She Wrote that was on last night. I liked him better as an actor.

He looked stoned in that episode. LOL

Respected Contributor

Have to say that Bill Maher is one of those people who make my skin crawl.

euwwwww.

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I love Bill's show - but now I actually prefer John Oliver. He;s back tomorrow night.