Respected Contributor

Re: Bill Cosby's Conviction Overturned by PA Supreme Court

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@Mindy D wrote:

Somnophiliac. Could have even progressed to murder and necrophilia. 

@Mindy Dhow about the ones who sleep with dead bodies? 

@gertrudecloset  That's what necrophilia is.

Honored Contributor

He is old... he is sick... the world hates him...his wife left him... he has no one.. no income... nothing....

he is STILL IN PRISON OUT... maybe it will be worse.

Honored Contributor

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@sunshine 919 wrote:

@Linmo wrote:

He will be released from prison today.  

I just saw this on msnbc.  I am shocked.  Does this mean Josh Duggar may get off too.  I am shaking my head

He hasn't even gone to trial yet? What are you talking about?

I know that, I am just saying I hope he does not walk away too

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden 

Not exactly true on all points:

10:28 AM PT -- We just spoke with Cosby's family spokesperson, Andrew Wyatt, who tells us the decision was just as much of a surprise to the family as it was to everyone else. Wyatt, who spoke to us from Bill's home, says he's headed to go and pick up the comedian.

Wyatt also shed some light on how Cosby's wife, Camille, is processing this whole thing ... and, as you can imagine, he says she's delighted. As you know, she's backed her husband this entire time.

As for Cosby's imminent release ... a prison official with the P.A. Dept. of Corrections tells us they are in receipt of the newly handed down legal docs, and are in the middle of processing and authenticating them now. So, at the moment, BC's still in lockup -- but not for long, it seems.

TMZ

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@mspatmac wrote:

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@mspatmac wrote:

Disgusting! I there any proof the agreement existed?

What's wrong?  You don't believe the PA Supreme Court? @mspatmac ?  Why would they help Cosby?  I recall something about his testimony and knew he had good lawyers.  We heard nothing about him after his conviction because his lawyers were working their butts off to get him out.

@gertrudecloset   I asked the question because you mentioned in your previous post there was no evidence in writing.  Please don't surmise  when I just asked a simple question.  

@mspatmacI wrote NO such thing.  No such thing.  Trying to save face based on a lie.

@gertrudecloset,  A little harsh for what seems to be a misunderstanding of an earlier post.  I admit that it was unclear to me whether the last sentence of the following were your words or the court's words:

"The court said that District Attorney Kevin Steele, who made the decision to arrest Cosby, was obligated to stand by his predecessor’s promise not to charge Cosby when he later gave potentially incriminating testimony in Constand’s civil suit. There was no evidence that promise was ever put in writing."

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Respected Contributor

@gertrudecloset  I hope the rest of his life living quietly is short.

Respected Contributor

It doesn't matter whether or not the promise was ever put in writing. A verbal contract is the same as a written one. 

While I find what Cosby did is disgusting, I'm also one for civil/constitutional rights. If this was broken, then the correct thing was done, regardless of how I feel about it.

Esteemed Contributor

@PamfromCT wrote:

I think this is why the woman figure for justice has a blindfold over her eyes.  Yeah, I think there’s a rat in the woodpile, so they say.  How long did some highly paid attorney spend digging this up?  Funny, nothing was said at his trial or sentencing.  I don’t care how old he is, or anything else, you do the crime, you serve the time.  

This occurred before the trial started.

February 2, 2016 / 2:26 PM / CBS/AP 

NORRISTOWN, Pa. -- The former district attorney who declined a decade ago to bring sex-crime charges against Bill Cosby testified Tuesday that he believes his decision is binding on his successors and forever closes the door on prosecuting the comedian.

Former Montgomery County District Attorney Bruce Castor took the stand as part of a bid by Cosby's lawyers to get the case thrown out because of what they said was a decade-old non-prosecution agreement from Castor.

The current district attorney has said there is no record of any such agreement.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Respected Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

He is old... he is sick... the world hates him...his wife left him... he has no one.. no income... nothing....

he is STILL IN PRISON OUT... maybe it will be worse.

His wife left him? I'm sure he still has planty of money left.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

He is not in the best of health and I think he's at least in his mid 80's (?)  Perhaps that was one of the factors.  No one is happy about this, except Cosby himself.  His wife (she is Catholic) never considered divorce.  They are still married.