Honored Contributor

Re: Bill Cosby has been sentenced

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:

@beckyb1012 

Believe it...

Sexual predators come from all walks of life. Including prominent people. 

there was evidence to back up the Cosby claims.........

Honored Contributor

@DJs mom 

Respectively say- stand by comment. We should be able to respect differences of opinions. Realize you don't know me. I know from experience places exists. 

Respected Contributor

I just heard on news his attorney asking that sentence be held off until their appeal is heard - appeal could take, up to 3 years and he should be allowed to live at home so that if appeal is successful he has not spent unnecessary time in jail because of his age - just reported on t,v. News

Wonder if this will happen - after hearing this I doubt he will spend time in prison which he should in my opinion.  Hope the judge decides not to do allow this.

Honored Contributor

@DJs mom wrote:

@Nightowlz wrote:

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

I sure hope he has to serve the time, but I doubt it.

@QVCkitty1

If he does I'm sure it will be at one of those Resorts for the wealthy.

@Nightowlz, nope they don't exist here. He will go to a PA state prison just like all of the other state convicted individuals here.

@DJs mom

I thought people with money like that never went to a real prison.  He will fanagle his way out some how.

Respected Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:

@DJs mom 

Respectively say- stand by comment. We should be able to respect differences of opinions. Realize you don't know me. I know from experience places exists. 

@Sweet_Serenity I did not say these places don't exist, what I said is they do not exist here in the PA courts. I know this - I work in the PA legal system doing criminal law. Yes we can respect differences of opinions, but when someone is not stating a fact then it needs to be noted.

Honored Contributor

@DJs mom 

That was my point. I was speaking with knowledge of such a place. 

Honored Contributor

I guess the women he assaulted finally got their just desserts, but at this point in time, he's just a very rich, half blind old man with  dementia. To me, revenge or justice would have been sweeter and more damaging if the women would have come forward 20 years ago when he actually had something to lose.

Respected Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

@DJs mom wrote:

@Nightowlz wrote:

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@QVCkitty1

@Nightowlz, nope they don't exist here. He will go to a PA state prison just like all of the other state convicted individuals here.

@DJs mom

I thought people with money like that never went to a real prison.  He will fanagle his way out some how.

@Nightowlz this is where real life and TV differ. Since Bill was sentenced to jail in a PA state prison, he will serve his time in a state prison here. His attorneys will definitely file an appeal but if the judge denies bail pending appeal (and I think he has) then he will have to report to prison soon. This is all up to the judge's discretion when he will have to report.

Respected Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:

@DJs mom 

That was my point. I was speaking with knowledge of such a place. 

@Sweet_Serenity there is no such place for a state convicted individual in PA so Bill won't be going to some elite place here.

Honored Contributor

@DJs mom wrote:

@Nightowlz wrote:

@DJs mom wrote:

@Nightowlz wrote:

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@QVCkitty1

@DJs mom

@Nightowlz this is where real life and TV differ. Since Bill was sentenced to jail in a PA state prison, he will serve his time in a state prison here. His attorneys will definitely file an appeal but if the judge denies bail pending appeal (and I think he has) then he will have to report to prison soon. This is all up to the judge's discretion when he will have to report.

@DJs mom

I guess we will see. Money Talks.