Super Contributor

Big time disappointment in product

My beautiful Rachal Ray dish cracked in the oven as I baked in it. I followed her instructions to a "T" but to no avail it cracked . Feel so badly. I called the number that Q gave me about replacement but its a recording about returns at your expense while still under guarantee. How do you like that.? I didn't. I guess thats the end of that line for me I complained about Temptations but at least the customer service was great. So disapointed

Valued Contributor

Re: Big time disappointment in product

Sorry this happened to you. I have some Rachel Ray bubble and brown pieces and use them regularly without any issue, but I know with this type of cookware it is a possibility, regardless of brand.

I had 2 Pyrex baking dishes @ 15 years ago that I used all the time but when my aunt used them, each of them broke.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I would call QVC customer service and explain the situation, I bet if the dish is in stock they  will replace it. That happened with a bread machine I bought from the Q and they made it  right.

Honored Contributor

That's terrible.

Did it make a mess in your oven?

Trusted Contributor

These things happen.  It is the nature of stoneware.  I do not understand why people seem to be shocked at what is a natural occurrence.

Like all other things, stoneware expands and contracts when heated and cooled.  Some pieces will eventually crack with normal, everyday use.  This happens to stoneware from the least expensive to the most expensive.  It happens with things such as Pyrex and Cornware, too.

The ony way to avoid having this happen, on occasion, is to utilize metal baking dishes.

Trusted Contributor

Call QVC customer service they will help you. They are very good at solving problems with bad product.
Esteemed Contributor

@sugarflake wrote:

My beautiful Rachal Ray dish cracked in the oven as I baked in it. I followed her instructions to a "T" but to no avail it cracked . Feel so badly. I called the number that Q gave me about replacement but its a recording about returns at your expense while still under guarantee. How do you like that.? I didn't. I guess thats the end of that line for me I complained about Temptations but at least the customer service was great. So disapointed

Sorry for what happened. I hope Q helps you out. Can I ask? DId you by any chance take it from fridge to oven? The reason I ask is, people say you can do this but I had other stoneware break and pyrex years ago from taking them from cold to the hot oven. I haven't done it since those 2 times and my R Ray (and other) stoneware has been fine since (fingers crossed)

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Trusted Contributor

Call QVC Customer Service, explain what happened, and arrange to return the dish at no expense.  Are you still in the 30 day post purchase period?  Should be no problem.  The product was apparently faulty.