Honored Contributor

Re: Big spider on my bedroom ceiling......

Like @CelticCrafter they all go into the vacuum.

I have a small Shop Vac, it's on them to survive!

We joke at our house.   No matter where you live and how clean you live, there is a spider somewhere looking at you at this very moment.

Respected Contributor

My husband claims I can spot any spider at 50 yards, I hate them. When I let him know there is one in a room and it's HUGE, his comment is usually "get the shotgun". 

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Esteemed Contributor

I show no mercy on spiders unless it's a daddy long legs.  Ladybugs are a different story.

Trusted Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

My daughter was bitten by a spider a couple of years ago. It became painful and infected soon after, requiring a doctor visit and antibiotics.

I wouldn’t advise taking a chance with it, spider bites can be dangerous.

Same thing happened to me---my leg was beet red from ankle to knee overnight.

Jamma

Honored Contributor

I have only read part of the spider thread. We really have not had many bugs in our house. Yes, sometimes spiders but just normal small ones. Yes, I put them outside. Husband hates spiders, They don't bother me. I try and put any bug outside but like I said, we don't see very many. Now, on the other hand, a worm or a snake has me running to the next town. I don't care if they're harmless, they gives me the willies. 

Honored Contributor

I'm wondering how it is that I, who never would kill a spider, have never been bitten while those who do kill them have been bitten. Could it be Karma, Revenge, or Justice.

Honored Contributor

Living in Central Texas in the early 90's for a couple of years developing wild acres with my husband for a resort I got used to dealing with scorpions and rattle snakes even in my own backyard.  One day while sitting by the pool at the still new resort not yet completely developed I saw something moving toward us fast and it was the only black tarantula I have seen.  It was huge and headed straight to the pool.  My son was swimming so I got up took my Danielle Steel paperback novel and whacked the crude out of the thing and it went flying away.  I saw it went far enough and back to my lounge chair I went.  I did keep a watch out in case I just stunned it and he wanted to try for another drink of water.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

SPIDER UPDATE.......

Got up this morning and the spider was GONE.... So while we were sleeping he decided to  crawl down the wall and head somewhere.... The spider was on that spot on the wall for many hours yesterday.... guess they travel at night? 

Oh well, now I do not have to worry about what to do with him.  As long as he keeps his distance... and does his own thing leaving me alone we can live together in peace Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@viva923 wrote:

Spiders and I don’t mix. It would be dead inside or out.

The banana spiders that were in Hawaii were a trip. You could not kill them. They were huge and moved fast and must have had some protective shell.  

@viva923    ewww!!! Those sound rather disgusting ......

Honored Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

I'm with the OP. I put spiders out in good weather and accept them as house mates when it's not. It's bad luck to kill a spider. If you've been killing spiders, you have yourself to blame if things go wrong.

@occasionalrain    Smiley Happy  This is how I feel about most creatures... I try to co exist as long as they respect my home and my suroundings.... RESPECT FOR LIFE.  If they start to say invade my space or do harm to me or my home.. then war is on... but I can co exist with bugs if they chose to co exist with me.