Honored Contributor

Re: Big spider on my bedroom ceiling......

[ Edited ]

@PodyPo wrote:

I have had a similar question about ladybugs. I had two in my laundry room and felt bad for them because there is nothing for them to eat. Put them out even though it’s cold, and now four are back. So I put a plant in there for them to eat/hang out it. Now I have five ladybugs!

@SeaMaiden I appreciate your consideration for Mr. Spider.

Spoiler
Heart

think it would be good to put him out and he will be fine.

@PodyPo  ((hugs)) to You too!  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

I'm wondering how it is that I, who never would kill a spider, have never been bitten while those who do kill them have been bitten. Could it be Karma, Revenge, or Justice.

@occasionalrain   Hmmmm... interesting.. I too have never been bit by a spider though have lived with them and put many outside in the spring and summer.. kindness is a good thing when it can be done.  Of course every situation is different.. but respect of/ for LIFE comes in many many different ways...

Super Contributor

@SeasonedCitizen, My first house was next to a corn field. The first fall, the farmer cut the corn, a mouse ended up under my sink in the trash can.

Thinking it was a cockroach (I had just moved up from OK and was used to them), I grabbed a can of industrial bug killer. Didn't phase the mouse.

We then mouse-proofed the house.

Super Contributor

@occasionalrain, IDK, my ex was at work one day, and there was a bee buzzing around. The women asked him to kill it, he said not to worry, don't bother it, it won't bother you. It stung him on the neck.

Just sayin Smiley Happy. Not arguing your point.

On the other hand, he IS my ex................

Honored Contributor

My elf, my elf!! 

25552031_10155631235473381_3474969857338860150_n.jpg

My local news station is having a photo posting event..."Elf on a shelf". This one was featured today. Thought it would go with the spider theme here...lol!Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ID2 wrote:

Have you all ever come across a wolf spider? Yikes, they are HUGE and nasty. These guys are in the woods behind us. We have our house sprayed a few times a year so spiders and other bugs don't have a chance around us. I've never, in my life, ever picked up a spider and put him outside! Really? People do this? Squish is what I do!

@ID2

I live in Texas and opened my front door to be greeted by a Wolf spider on my door step....ARRRGGHHH!!  The thing was huge (big as a Tarantula)....I didnt have any bug spray, the only thing I had was a plant water bottle with a nozzle on it so I squirted the spider----- he ran from the house and I haven't seen it since...but I always cautiously look around as I open my front door...........

Image result for texas wolf spider

I like the little gecko lizards and I could deal with a snake (as long as it wasnt poisionous) rather than dealing with a spider.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden

I understand about not wanting to kill certain critters.  I've trapped honey bees, butterflies, wasps and lizards in an old container and released them outside....But I would put that spider outside and check around your bedroom and home to make sure  there were no other babies or relatives some are poisionous...............

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@SeaMaiden

I understand about not wanting to kill certain critters.  I've trapped honey bees, butterflies, wasps and lizards in an old container and released them outside....But I would put that spider outside and check around your bedroom and home to make sure  there were no other babies or relatives some are poisionous...............

@Spurt, yeah, tell me about it.  Oh, wait.... :-)

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@novamc1 Gosh, thanks for that info! I did not know, but I just went to look and saw about 7 of them. I rounded up four and put them out. Can’t see the rest right now but will keep watching and removing. I just thought they were cute, but red trails are not my thing! Thanks again!