Respected Contributor

They certainly are glorious animals.  True they can't be hunted down, but seeing them behind chain link is just wrong imo.  They should be on a savannah plot of land, maybe a moat of water surrounding their enclosure or something more natural.

He sure is spectacular looking.

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Honored Contributor

Re: Big cats pictures

[ Edited ]

Here's the lions at the San Antonio Zoo....what magnificient felines......

San Antonio Zoo - TTIA - Buy Discount Tickets, Tours, and Vacation ...

San Antonio Zoo Summer Camp #ZooTroop - A Thrifty Diva

Zoo visitors can now get up close and personal with lions and ...

San Antonio Zoo gets lion's share of new multimillion-dollar grant ...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@SharkE 

What beautiful animals, thank you for sharing.  

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Re: Big cats pictures

[ Edited ]

@spiderw wrote:

Since I was a young girl I never enjoyed zoos or circuses.   I hated seeing animals trapped in small cages and it would upset me.  At least now zoos do give the animals more room and land to move around in.  Also there aren't any evil poachers hunting them.

These pictures of majestic lions are very nice and hopefully they are being well taken care of at the zoo.  Thanks!

@spiderw  @Love my grandkids 

They may be in a zoo, inside of romaning in open land, but at least they are well cared for and protected from the "trophy hunters" .....

And the wire cage protects them from these IDIOTS that like to go into the animal's den to take a selfie so they can make a name for themselves on social media...Or some foolish kids that thought it would be fun to climb into the animal enclosures.  Some of the animals were even destroyed to protect these  terrible humans....😡

Respected Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

He is magnificent and I think he knows itSmiley HappyWoman LOL

She is beautiful. What a lovely couple!

Is she pregnant? she looks a little...pudgy.

Honored Contributor

I'd rather see them well nourished then all sunk in and ribs showing.

Think these animals are all old. amarillo zoo is sad. No money and half the stuff is shut down now. Can't go in the 'snake' house, the gift shop, monkeys wasn't out yet.  I wish I could go to a real zoo and see a gorilla

I pronounce it like Jethro Bodine on Beverly Hillbillies. Go-rilla hahhahahah

The zoo over at Alburqueque, New Mexico had a gorilla, but, I was bigger then it. LOL You have to live near a major city to have a real zoo.