Valued Contributor

Re: Big a Thank a You to Carolyn

[ Edited ]

@dulwich: I don't mind the extra a's...I just thought you were Italian!

(I appreciate Carolyn too.Smiley Happy)

Respected Contributor

@dulwich  Ha ha ha, I thought a maybe you a were Italian. 

Please don't take offense, I'm smiling.

Trusted Contributor

Caralyn does a super job.It isn't always about her. The Q should give her more time on air. I honestly think she puts customer FIRST!!!!!

Trusted Contributor

I love Carolyn...nothing phoney about her.

Jessa
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mellie32 wrote:

@dulwich wrote:

She is just such a great host the only one today who has given us sizes the models are wearing.  All the other hosts talk and talk but never give us this information.  She is the best.  Thank you Carolyn.

I've never understood why you need to know what size the models are wearing all the time.  Aren't they the same models that you've seen a milliion times?  Aren't they wearing the same size they always wear?  

@Mellie32

Absolutely this is necessary, and you know that just by regularly watching QVC fashion shows---

1.  Sometimes the models DO size up or size down depending on "the look" they want (example, a petite model might wear a regular size pant because she is wearing a high heel, where normally she will wear petite, OR perhaps the stylist wanted to show a looser fit or so they size up, or add layers so they size down).  Even the hosts mention sometimes ---  "I sized up on this piece and I normally wear a XXS, but am now wearing a small".....or maybe it fits just right and the host will say, "don't size up stay with your regular size".....So if even the host mention the sizing it must matter!

2.  Sometimes the stylist puts the models in the wrong size and the top or jacket is so tight it makes it seem like they are struggling to just move or breath---so that gives you a hint that in the real world you need to size up!!!

3.  As someone else mentioned QVC sizing is SO inconsistent even within QVC's same designer's line!!!.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

@Mellie32 wrote:

@dulwich wrote:

She is just such a great host the only one today who has given us sizes the models are wearing.  All the other hosts talk and talk but never give us this information.  She is the best.  Thank you Carolyn.

I've never understood why you need to know what size the models are wearing all the time.  Aren't they the same models that you've seen a milliion times?  Aren't they wearing the same size they always wear?  

Good question. I like to know because of qvc's inconsistent sizing. The models' size might not change, but the garments' sizing sometimes does. If I like something, it helps to know if various models or salespeople are wearing their normal size or sizing up or down to get a good fit on this particular item.

Super Contributor

Aren't they all xxs , anyway?
Honored Contributor

@Mellie32 wrote:

@dulwich wrote:

@Mellie32 I know Carolyn will say she wears a lg in Denim and company so seeing the models you can get an idea by body size what size you may need.  Not all vendors cut the same way.

I like Carolyn - she has a very pleasant voice. 

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

@sallybusky. You made me laugh - actually I have an Italian greyhound - a rescue - and he is called Vincenzo Soprano! Vinnie for a short!