Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Desertdi.  We were supposed to get all this rain and the radar shows rain in my area, but everytime one of my dogs comes in from outside they're dry as a bone.  Temperature is dropping though.

@Kachina624   I've been waiting all day for the rain.   It's really a slow-moving one.  Gonna be on the "cooler side" here for the next week.  di

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Big Storm on Horizon

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 @Desertdi , the last storm we had covered a huge geographic area from Texas to Nova Scotia.  Now that is big!  February is turning into a weather month here after very little snow through November, December and January.  I have cancelled the same lunch date twice due to weather.  Rescheduled for Thursday and, guess what?  Yes, more snow.

The good news is that I have started quilting again.  That is why quilting is a good winter activity for me,  When it snows and outdoor activity is out, I quilt.  I am not crazy about this years quilt but I am determined to finish it.  Best get moving though🙄.  Nine out of forty blocks complete.  LM

F3810495-0C0B-4C86-946A-B3AF02F19D9B.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@Lilysmom   Beautiful quilt!     If the current storm in the SW keeps up its steam......you may be able to finish it before the end of winter!!!    di

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@Lilysmom wrote:

@Kachina624 @Desertdi , the last storm we had covered a huge geographic area from Rexas to Nova Scotia.  Now that is big!  February is turning into a weather month here after very little snow through November, December and January.  I have cancelled the same lunch date twice due to weather.  Rescheduled for Thursday and, guess what?  Yes, more snow.

The good news is that I have started quilting again.  That is why quilting is a good winter activity for me,  When it snows and outdoor activity is out, I quilt.  I am not crazy about this years quilt but I am determined to finish it.  Best get moving though🙄.  Nine out of forty blocks complete.  LM

F3810495-0C0B-4C86-946A-B3AF02F19D9B.jpeg

@Lilysmom - Beautiful!!

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

Re: Big Storm on Horizon

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

@SilleeMee.  Thanks!  I love things like that.  I'm quite the weather junkie, in case you hadn't guessed.

@Kachina624 

You're welcome and I'm a weather bug, too. In fact, I was taking college classes in meteorology, a couple of years under my belt, and had plans to work as a meteorologist for NOAA. But things didn't turn out that way. Woman Happy

I have a small electronic weather station in my house. The only thing it doesn't have is an anemometer. But it has most everything else I need.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624     hey girl we got snow again ! just like last Tues and Wed when I posted those pics .  we got couple of inches already again !

We ate out as usual on MOn and we always stop by store on way home this time it was bad idea, the weather man had been on and there were no carts at all to be had at United. We had to wait till they bought them in from the parking lot.

That place was a madhouse. People act like in a couple of days they will die  from starvation. Most snows in Tx are gone in 2 days.   I would had left , but, wanted to get fish and fruit for my first of the week diet way of eating, so, I was # 15 in line.   That place raked in the cash Mon.

Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624  We got a slight dusting here so far.  Tiny tiny flakes here and there coming down.   Most of the snow has melted at our house.  DW

Honored Contributor

I live in Ohio, west of Cleveland.  I was watching the news last night and they are predicting 5" for us Wednesday night into Thursday.  West of Cleveland is supposed to get it worse than Cleveland and east, which is unusual.  Of course there are all kind of what-ifs so we'll see what really happens. 

If we really get this, it will be the most snow we've had all season long. 

Super Contributor

Just wanted to say to @Lilysmom that your quilt is lovely. 

Honored Contributor

@Spurt 

The big company for which I worked required it to meet "their standards for a Blizzard", and in the unlikely event it did? It was "no pay", just an uncharged absence. A "Snow Day" for work? That's funny!

We had "The Blizzard of '75" and it took them months to finally agree. And all this over an "unpaid/uncharged absence" This was only for hourly workers, not management or office workers, they got paid straight up. Discriminatory? Nah! Just the way it worked.

hckynut

hckynut(john)