Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

@cherry  Wait!  Hold on!  I'm getting a phone call...no..it's a text..maybe an email?!

It's from...(I'm trying to read it...I'm going to have to get my glasses...)...don't worry, they're right here...OK, I've got them on now...

It's in all red...red!  I never get red lettered information...that means it's very, very, very important...it..it's from the groundhog...yes, I'm told it's from THE groundhog...he's now mouthing the words I see here on paper. too....

(CAN ANYONE ELSE READ THIS @#$ paper)?  Hurry, I have @cherry @Spurt @Kachina624  here....they're looking at me  like...what the hay Annabelle?  

OK, I'm sorry people.  As fast as he came, he left but he did leave a piece of crumbled up paper; and what looks like a picture...maybe?

It's says, "@#$% (Oh! My!  I can't repeat those words in public).  I'll improvise if it's OK with everyone....it is?  They're saying it's ok to improvise...(I know...get on with it).

HE'S SAYING ....HE'S SAYING HE CAN'T DO EVERYTHING...HE'S SAYING THEY WOKE HIM UP AFTER A NIGHT OF PARTYING AND THAT'S WHAT YOU PEOPLE GET FOR WAKING HIM UP......

There's a picture here of some (let's call her a groundhog lady(?))  She's wearing well...nothing except a smile...She's holding up a sign that says..."Where's my hole"?

That's all for now.......heh! heh!

@Annabellethecat66 

🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt  @Annabellethecat66  @cherry.  Actually, I've never heard of groundhogs in New Mexico so I looked them up.  I was tickled by this posting which sounds like NM is an entity apart from North America.  I've often seen marmots sitting on rocks beside roads in the mountains, especially in Colorado.  I've even seen "marmot crossings".  I've even heard them whistle.  I just wonder if they saw their shadows?

20200210_150208.png

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

When I was young I used to stutter.  One of the tongue twisters I had to say very fast was.

"How much wood would a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck wood."

I got very good at it but I always wondered as a little kid what a wood chuck was!

I stopped stuttering pretty quickly.  My middle daughter used to drop her "R's" when she spoke.

I had her say some of the rhymes I had to learn.  She speaks very eloquently these days.  Ha!

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Spurt  @Annabellethecat66  @cherry.  Actually, I've never heard of groundhogs in New Mexico so I looked them up.  I was tickled by this posting which sounds like NM is an entity apart from North America.  I've often seen marmots sitting on rocks beside roads in the mountains, especially in Colorado.  I've even seen "marmot crossings".  I've even heard them whistle.  I just wonder if they saw their shadows?

20200210_150208.png

@Kachina624 

Oh that's interesting to know.....I looked up Texas and the only areas in our State is around Dallas....they dont come south near us....Woman Sad

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Re: Big Storm on Horizon

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 

We're expecting part of that storm to reach up here in Colorado Springs. We've already had significant amounts of snow already. The ski resorts are reporting record new snow amounts just in the past week or so. That's great news for the water supply! I said it before and I'll say it again...there can never be too much snow in Colorado!

Only bad part ...avalanches. They had to close I-70 in the mountains because the snow was covering the highway. Some cars got swept off the road...very scary, especially up there in the mountains.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee. We're anticipating strong thunderstorms this evening preceding the arrival of the cold front that will turn it to snow later tonight.

NM has also had great snowfall in the mountains.  First time I've ever seen the Santa Fe Ski Area with a thicker base than Wolf Creek.  To me, it means less forest fires.

Honored Contributor

Re: Big Storm on Horizon

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 

I don't know if you'd be interested in this weather map. It shows real-time radar of precipitation from coast to coast. You can also look at more detailed info by clicking 'LAYERS' at the bottom right and then clicking whatever...just play around with it and see what comes up, it's kind of fun.  You can also zoom in and out by adjusting the + or - shown on on the upper left. 

https://www.kktv.com/templates/2015_Fullscreen_Radar

ETA - you can zoom in so close that you can actually see individual buildings and houses. Amazing map!

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee.  Thanks!  I love things like that.  I'm quite the weather junkie, in case you hadn't guessed.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@SilleeMee.  Thanks!  I love things like that.  I'm quite the weather junkie, in case you hadn't guessed.

@Kachina624     It just started raining in PHX now....10:00 pm   

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@Desertdi.  We were supposed to get all this rain and the radar shows rain in my area, but everytime one of my dogs comes in from outside they're dry as a bone.  Temperature is dropping though.