Honored Contributor

Big Lots Friends & Family Sale 20% off Sat. & Sun.

20% off entire purchase.  The sale on Saturday is for Big Lots store card holders, and the sale on Sunday is for everyone. Supposedly you need a coupon on Sunday, but none of our local BL stores make you show a coupon - they give the  20% off to everyone.  In your town, you may need the coupon.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Big Lots Friends & Family Sale 20% off Sat. & Sun.

Found some good deals at Big Lots today. It was starting to get busy late this

morning.

Had some good offers. Found a set of bathroom floor rugs 2 pack in blue and

black for both of my bathrooms. They were on clearance from $18 down to $11

then with the 20% offer they came to around $9 with tax so from the original price

it was actually a discount of 50%.

Got some coffee drinks, paper goods, crackers, snacks for kids lunches and a few

other things. All you have to do today is show your rewards card if you have one, if

you don't you can easily get one. Tomorrow coupons are out for the discount.

Honored Contributor

@threecees wrote:

Found some good deals at Big Lots today. It was starting to get busy late this

morning.

Had some good offers. Found a set of bathroom floor rugs 2 pack in blue and

black for both of my bathrooms. They were on clearance from $18 down to $11

then with the 20% offer they came to around $9 with tax so from the original price

it was actually a discount of 50%.

Got some coffee drinks, paper goods, crackers, snacks for kids lunches and a few

other things. All you have to do today is show your rewards card if you have one, if

you don't you can easily get one. Tomorrow coupons are out for the discount.

@threecees   I'm going there in just a little while.  I have learned from this sale to check the clearance section where, like you, I've gotten some great bathroom products - wash cloths and towels that were reduced and then, like you, got the extra 20% off on F&F in the past and they were dirt cheap.  And surprisingly good quality - everything I've bought for my bathroom has held up really well after many washings and dryings.  So now I always check that clearance section.

I'll report on my 'finds" tomorrow.  I have my usual list of staple items I need, and my appointment book (hard copy) is on the academic year (even though I haven nothing to do with schools) so I need one because mine is about to run out.  Theirs are good prices and I usually get my appointment books there, so with the extra 20% I need to find one.

Honored Contributor

@threecees    I went yesterday and spent around $63..  I'm going to another one as soon as I finish this post because the clerk forgot one of the items I was buying (he mistook something I said for me not wanting it so now I have to go get it at BL  grrrrr).

Anyway, I wanted to tell you that I bought three exellent quality towels from the clearance shelves, which I really don't need but which I'm sure will come in handy.  Two are large 100% cotton bath towels (same towel in two colors) that were 20% off $3.20.   And one is a hand towel that I bought two of during the last F&F sale, but this one is a different color.  I use those hand towels every day so having another is fine - that was 20% off $3.00.  I'm so happy with those towels!   The bath towels esp. are a great size (larger than usual) and super soft and not at all bulky.  Those will be nice to use in summer, when I'm hot and my heavyweight bath towel I use now is a bit too hot and heavy.  I'm very pleased with my towel purchases especially and everything else I got.  

BTW - what the clerk forgot was BL's reusable shopping bag.  They are $1.00 (or 80 cents today) and I really like the art deco-ish black and white pattern and the size of them.  I use the one I have all the time so I want to get a couple more.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee  Glad to hear that you got some great towels and more at Big Lots. I never

had any problems with any of their towels, curtains, rugs, etc. They hold up. I buy

alot of bathrooms rugs, shower curtains and more because I enjoy switching things

them around every season or so. 

Sorry you had to make a return trip. I am not familiar with their bags, but will look 

for them next visit. I usually have some kind of discount just about each time I 

go there. I used to get $5 off $15 or more email coupons from them, but lately it

seems I am receiving in emails $10 off $50 or more. Still with or without these

coupons they usually have something on clearance that interests me.

Thanks for always posting on here about the discounts. Seems like alot of people

don't like to shop there. Hey, more deals for us then! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@threecees   Well, I got my $5 off $15  (and I forgot how much for the greater purchase which I never have) reward for what I spent at the F&F sale recently!   Now I have to go back - $5 off $15 is a good percentage off!  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

To people hearting my first post, the sale is not this weekend (Apr. 20th-21st).  I bumped a thread from earlier in April to follow up with poster three cees.