Esteemed Contributor
Last night's show had some amazing footage.

The sea lions underwater were spectacular. And those elephant seals were certainly not the prettiest creatures I've ever seen.

I'd love to see more events like this !
Esteemed Contributor
Get ready for the last epi !
Honored Contributor

Re: Big Blue Live-PBS !

[ Edited ]

@Lila Belle wrote:
Last night's show had some amazing footage.

The sea lions underwater were spectacular. And thosimage.jpge elephant seals were certainly not the prettiest creatures I've ever seen.

I'd love to see more events like this !

I have quite a few up close & fairly personal (thanks to a zoom lens) pix & video clips of elephant seals.  There is another area, besides the one they mentioned on the program, between San Simeon & Big Sur, called Piedras Blancas, that is a refuge/breeding ground. You can get closer to them than you'd imagine. The noise the males make! And there is a live cam - where I chanced to catch a couple makin' whoopee. Didn't take long 🙀

Sigh. Sorry the pic popped into the wrong place!

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Esteemed Contributor
Thanks for posting that. really cool pic. I love sea lions, seals and of course otters. It was always a treat when the whales came to town.

We lived not far from Monterrey when I was in middle school and we took a lot of trips around the area. Big Sur-OMG ! I would love to go back there.
Honored Contributor

@Lila Belle wrote:
Thanks for posting that. really cool pic. I love sea lions, seals and of course otters. It was always a treat when the whales came to town.

We lived not far from Monterrey when I was in middle school and we took a lot of trips around the area. Big Sur-OMG ! I would love to go back there.

I'll be moving to the area next year, Lila Belle - not far from Moss Landing. ❤️❤️ sea otters!

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Esteemed Contributor
Lucky dog !