Honored Contributor

Re: Big 10 Football returnes

@chessylady 

I am sorry if you took offense to my comment. Over on the Sports Forum I wouldn't have made that comment. On this Forum, many do not follow sports, thus my comment.

It was not meant as anything negative about or to you. I am sorry.

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

@chessylady wrote:

I hope the players and staff stay healthy. I just read a report that almost the whole LSU football team had/have covid 19.

@chessylady 

LSU doesn't play in the Big Ten. Have no idea if that is a fact, but take your word for it. Like you, I wish the best for the players and staff!

hckynut 

@hckynut 

Yes, LSU is in the Southeastern Conference.  The SEC has said all long that they will play.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@chessylady wrote:

I hope the players and staff stay healthy. I just read a report that almost the whole LSU football team had/have covid 19.

@chessylady 

BATON ROUGE, La. — LSU coach Ed Orgeron says most LSU football players have caught and recovered from COVID-19. 

Orgeron says that gives him hope that much of his roster will be eligible play for at least the bulk of the season before Southeastern Conference protocols would require them to test for the virus again. 

Respected Contributor

@chessylady wrote:

@hckynut Of course I know LSU is in the SEC not the Big 10. Just commenting that some teams are not very careful.

@chessylady :  And you know this how and who would that be? That's a unfounded statement.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am using logic. If practically your whole team gets Covid, which the coach admits to, then precautions were not being taken to avoid the disease. Professional teams which use precautions and testing do not have the same terrible results.

Honored Contributor

As an LSU alumni, daiquiris make it all okay.  Geaux Tigers!  

And so glad that Iowa is back in especially for the kids at the children's hospital.  They have to be thrilled!  Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@chessylady wrote:

I am using logic. If practically your whole team gets Covid, which the coach admits to, then precautions were not being taken to avoid the disease. Professional teams which use precautions and testing do not have the same terrible results.

Ah, but there's the rub, @chessylady .  These are college students, not professionals.

Respected Contributor

Kids have to grow up quickly especially those who may well be in the NFL next year. I too did a lot of silly things in my youth but nothing I did could have killed my grandmother or parents.

Honored Contributor

I mean no offense to any fans and I know there are many.  I am not one and could care less about the Big 10 returning.  I know lots of money is made in sports.  I hope the teams take precautions and protect themselves as best as they can against the virus.   I do care about all the players and wish them to be safe and well.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Not a sports fan, and never heard the term "big 10" before.  Does this refer to the number of teams?   

(i already googled it, and couldn't  find a clear answer to my question.)